Last movie you saw | Page 263 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Agreed. Very overrated.

I watched The Danish Girl. Also overrated by my friend who highly recommended Shape of Water.

**spoilers** I actually was laughing the first half the movie because I didn't think it was a serious movie. I thought it was about some guy that wanted to cross dress for erotic crap, but the second half it was clear about gender identity and subsequent sex change. I read some reviews and not surprisingly the movie upset a lot of LGBT people in that they portrayed it as more eroticism. Apparently the movie didn't even follow the true story that well with characters and locations for scenery.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Ex Machina

Better than I expected although not a new concept by any means.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This movie got terrible reviews. It didn't help that Guy Richie was involved. But aside from the last silly chase scene this is a pretty good movie.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  5. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    47 Ronin. I had no idea what the movie was about. We must have purchased from Blockbuster when they closed down. I honestly thought 47 Ronin was literally an address or something like that. I was out in the new garage and was going to wax the Ferrari and thought I'd just pop it in for back round entertainment. I watched for about 25 minutes or so and then stopped waxing the car and started the movie over so I could pay more attention.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Birdman

Terrible imo. I know some will say there was more to the movie than on the surface blah blah, but I thought it was terrible. Whiplash should have won best picture that year over this thing. I have no idea how it won any awards.

LOL an address. That's great. I want to see that movie. The huge metal samurai suit looks pretty awesome. I don't think that character is in the movie that long, but was in the trailers and movie posters.

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  8. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    I will never understand - and maybe never will - the appeal of Birdman. The cinematography is beyond awesome but other than that I found myself "bored", and looking for something to do to keep my mind busy while watching it. It's the definition of pretentious; no clear explanations of scenes and/or dialogue, while everything is veiled in triple meanings. Blah, absolute blah.

9. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Saw "The Meg" with my wife & in-laws over the weekend.

You know it is decent, when a couple 90+ year olds say it kept them on the edge of their seats. :)

No, nothing stellar, but a great "popcorn" movie.

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Chips: The Movie.

I was a huge fan of the original series but this film was bad despite a few funny one liner jokes.

11. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Speed Kills starring John Travolta. Its a new release on Amazon. The film is loosely based on Powerboat builder and racer Don Arranow who was murdered in 1987. Unless you know something about Don Arranow and his story, the film will be horrible. Even knowing the background its a bad film.

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Not a movie but we dont have a TV show thread. I finished House of Cards SE6.

It was garbage. The show was already on its way down after SE3 but SE6 was just a feminist manifesto.

13. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just saw Ceed 2. I'm a huge Rocky fan and this movie didn't disappoint. It was great bringing back Drago from the past movie.

14. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Agreed. I was a huge fan of the show. However, peaked at end of season 2 and just continued to slide. Final season was garbage.

15. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Funny say that as I thought it was terrible when it came out. I saw it again about a month ago and aside from the stupid ending, it's not that bad. It was the first all CGI movie where all the actors were on green screen. By today's standards, it's completely phony looking. But for it's time it was cutting edge.

17. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Novel, I'd say. Detective comic book style Film Noir. Love it.

Trying this one tomorrow.

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Bohemian Rhapsody

Amazing. Really well made, directed. Obviously the score is perfect.
    Malek is great.

Very sad story actually. Bohemian Rhapsody turned out to be his life.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    There were a number of embellishments and fictional parts added to the movie to make it more dramatic.

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/bohemian-rhapsody/

20. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I meant the song itself. Goodbye everybody, body aching all the time, gotta leave you all behind and face the truth..

21. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Well, that was an absolute waste of time!

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    John Wick 1 and 2

Pretty big overreaction by the main character to say the least lol (that's not a spoiler). #2 was basically the same as #1. Not sure I'll be up for #3 in May. The trailer will probably be as good as the movie.

WJHMH likes this.
  23. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I believe Keanu Reeves is a real firearms enthusiast, and spent a lot of time training for the Matrix and Wick franchises. I agree, though; after an hour, or so, watching him kill bad guys gets a little monotonous.

24. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im looking forward to watching the Mule with Clint Eastwood. Always love his movies. No BS. Realistic and without the usual Hollywood flamboyance.

25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #6575 TheMayor, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    I saw this movie on the plane which was CLEARLY made for the Chinese market called "Meg". Its about a giant shark at the bottom of the Mariana trench that escapes (because a greedy Billionaire thinks he can make money there) and then eats stuff (because if you're a giant shark, that's what you do.)

A better more appropriate name would have been another 3 letter word -- "Bad". :)

Also saw Incredibles 2. As much as I admire Brad Bird it seems like he wrote this for women. Pretty good animation as you would expect but the story drama was, at least for me, not particularly interesting. Seems a bit like they just wanted to make some bucks from a dead franchise.