NFL 2018 | Page 68 | FerrariChat

NFL 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Worse. It would take the excitement out of the big play - deep vertical pass, catch, and run....we will see receivers being tackled long before the ball gets there, and the referee marching 15 yards for the penalty.

2. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Give DEN and CLE Rodgers, then let's see how those coaches do. Especially Denver, look what they did with Manning his last season when he had absolutely no arm at all.

Let's give McCarthy QB not named Rodgers or Favre, and see how good he really is.

The debate is not about who he is better than, because those teams don't have Rodgers as their QB.

nicholasn and tifoso2728 like this.
  3. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    He didn't really do a whole lot with those guys did he? I think Farve just about proved he could get to the SB in Minnesota.

5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    that is correct.

What the talking heads are saying now that McCarthy's been fired is that Rodgers has only been to 1 SuperBowl....while Brady has been to a million.

I realize it's a team game, but the QB is where you win or lose games in the NFL. Especially when the parity is getting tighter and tighter these days.

6. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Coaching and ownership (and probably a bit of ego) probably kept Manning from winning more in Indy. He knew he needed Kubiak to help guide him in Denver.

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Fixed :D

Joking aside, you make an excellent point. The coaching part that you allude to is Caldwell 100%, not Dungy. Caldwell is useless as a HC. He is a decent OC, but that's about it.

The owner is an idiot too, for disrespecting Manning by saying that he only won one SB. Just don't say that to the NFL teams that have ZERO SBs, and especially don't say that to Dan Marino.

8. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hey! Leave Jim Irsay alone! He's too busy poppin' pills and carrying large sums of money around!!!

:D

I didn't watch any of the game last night, but they afternoon show started, and they're blasting MNF again. But this time they finally made the point (but I could tell they've thought it) about how Booger and the rest of them keep running their mouths while plays are being run. And apparently instead of the latest women battery cases instead of it just being mentioned as normal it turned into a talk show type discussion.

And lastly, apparently Whitten's wearing a rug.:)

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They finally realized what I have been saying for weeks :D

Regarding Whitten's wig, I thought his hair looked too perfect for a mid-30's former NFL TE - he took a beating throughout his career (as all TE's do), and he looks too good for it not to be fake.

10. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    This may cause severe aftershocks in Anchorage but I AGREE with you Jason. I have the audio off for most of the game but had it on when there was maybe five straight minutes of yakking about the abuse issue, and it was non stop and ignored the game action. There was also ample Whitten ass-kissing going on. I HATE NIGHT FOOTBALL

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  11. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  12. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Whitten simply can't talk with any flow. He was a great tight end and knows what he's saying, he just isn't broadcaster material.

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I had to look it up. Dude is really called Booger!

I've said this before, but since I'm getting older, I'm allowed to repeat myself! Good announcers know when to shut up and let the game tell the story. Announcers today seem to act like they're paid by the word, and listeners are interested in minutiae.

Also, from what I can glean from a little Google, there's not much experience among the 3 of them? That doesn't make sense to me.

Oh well, I enjoyed the Eagles radio guys. They're pretty funny. At least until I dozed off.

T

14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Eagles radio team just another component of the first class, highly talented, and mild mannered world champions' organization. They help keep the Eagles fan base the most informed, charming, and mild-mannered supporters in sports today.

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    The play-by-play guy, I am guessing it was Merrill Reese from looking @ Wiki, was pretty amped when Sproles scored his TD...T

16. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    MNF still seems to be the worst, with the exception of those Fox/CBS scrub crew. Those guys don't even study the names of the players on the field. They're constantly butchering names, even something as common these days, Deandre Hopkins and Deshaun Watson.

He says things like "He plays in a pro-style offense". Uh, what? It's the NFL. lol

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Oh, how soon they forget the Chip Kelly experiment! ;)
    T

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Reese is fine, but I still miss Harry Kalas.

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Did he do Eagles games? I'm only familiar with him from his Phillies broadcasting...T

21. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  22. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Harry never did Eagles games. Phils only (and Notre Dame basketball for awhile). Harry did some voice over for NFL films after Facenda. Harry Kalas was the greatest baseball announcer in the history of the world...and his buddy Whitey Ashburn was a great side kick. Harry died in the saddle on an opening day.

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  24. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Derrick Henry ran it 99 yards. He used his Heisman pose to push off multiple defenders and made it look so easy lol. I remember that photo of him in college standing next to Mark Ingram. He made Ingram look so small.

nicholasn likes this.