ELEMENT Fire Extinguisher: An Introduction | Page 4 | FerrariChat

ELEMENT Fire Extinguisher: An Introduction

Discussion in '308/328' started by Element, Nov 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stephen Montalvo

Dec 22, 2017
    Have you considering offering a leather wrap with your products? I'm not sure if Ferrari ever offered these as an optional extra but I would be much more excited to have an extinguisher in my car if it came in cool looking leather wrap.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Milkshaker0007 likes this.
  2. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Because of the almost infinite material, colour, and stitching combinations possible offering a leather covering at anything approaching a reasonable price is not practical. Ferrari does offer leather or alcantara wraps for their fire bottles but it comes at eye watering pricing. The great thing about Element is that it is so small that it fits in the door pocket or glove box of just about any car. In my 308 I keep it in the door pocket which is perfect reach should I need it FAST while exiting the vehicle to tend to a fire.

Dave rocks likes this.
  3. superpm

superpm Rookie

Aug 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Don Bennett
    I would like to buy several as well. Please send the discount code when convenient.

4. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Coupon code sent!

On a happy note we received a message from a customer in the US who recently stopped at the side of the road and put out an engine fire of a fellow motorist with his Element E50. Turns out this girl was at the side of the road with a fire and only had her cell phone to call for help. By the time the fire fighters would have gotten there the car was for sure gone. Great feel good story and a reminder of the importance of having a fire extinguisher especially when driving around in older cars.

myronx19 likes this.
  5. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Need to order another for my father... can I still get a coupon code?

6. savethemanual

savethemanual Rookie

Aug 12, 2018
    Code please. Thanks!

7. newark_308

newark_308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Newark DE
    Full Name:
    Glenn Frenck
  8. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    Are you aware of anyone using these in aircraft applications? I’d like to put a couple 100s in our hangar at least but we also carry 5lb bottles in the cockpit of each of our planes.

9. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Coupon codes sent

As for use in aircraft applications, we have a number of customers who have chosen to carry Element in their personal small aircraft. Many of them cite the one handed operation (after striking) as a bonus because it allows to put out a dash fire while still being able to control the aircraft. That said at present Element cannot be used to legally substitute areas where a UL certified extinguisher is required (like the annually inspected bottles in the hangar) so any decision to use these needs to be done as a supplement to whatever is required by the fire marshal. This topic is covered in greater detail in the FAQ section of our website. We have a number of customers who supplement extinguishers with Element which is totally allowed by law. Hope this helps

Hannibal308 likes this.
  10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Please send me a code also. Thanks.

11. Deano K

Deano K Rookie

Nov 25, 2011
    @Element I would like to purchase 4 E50s if you would be so kind as to message the code. Thanks!

12. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Discount codes sent!

13. slimm

slimm Rookie

Oct 12, 2018
    I believe that I have had conversations with your father at the track, if he is Alan, the Porsche driver. Anyway, he is the one that told me about this product for the first time. Since I had a conventional extinguisher in my track car already, I didn't look into it. However, a recent youtube video report by a Jeep guy 20 miles offroad, fighting an engine or wiring fire, really caught my attention. I should mount another extinguisher in my Jeep, and possibly replace the one in my car because only the smallest bottle fits in the easily accessible space. I like the idea that these don't have the issue of losing charge pressure over time, and provide a longer period for extinguishing flames, especially in a small package. I would appreciate a coupon code if you want to provide it. Regards, Jim

14. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    James that would not have been my father however it is great you had some product conversations about Element. The Jeep incident definitely has generated a lot of awareness about proper fire protection and we have fielded a lot of inquires from it. I'll be certain to send you a discount code via PM.

15. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I'd like the code too. My plan is to use the Element as a hand held back up in my racecar. I like the longer duration discharge.

I have a couple to questions:

1- how far can you be from the base of a fire and still be effective?

2- I have had failure of a crusty old flare when I tired to use it. Element seems to be used in a similar fashion to a flare. Element claims an unlimited life but under what conditions can it fail? Can the Element tip be struck against another surfaces like a "strike anywhere" match? Will vibration found in a racecar damage it?

16. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Having an Element in a race car is a great idea not only for yourself but sometimes a racer can get to a competitor faster than a marshal can so having one in your car can be used to help someone else. To answer your questions:

1. Distance to the fire always depends on the conditions but you would have to be within about a few feet in order to properly extinguish a blaze. In testing that I have personally done you can take on a fire that is quite large and hot and still felt comfortable taking it on (I have no formal training). For instance a pan of liquid that is approx 2x4 feet with a pre-burn to get up to temperature is pretty hot and large and I have walked up to it and extinguished more than one in the duration of the extinguisher. Pretty cool.

2. Element is similar to a flare but differs in that the casing and chemical density is much higher than a road flare. This makes is much more resistant to moisture and vibration than a flare. Certainly the vibrations on a race car are no problem nor is storage in a humid or hot or cold environment. Provided you did not store it literally under water with the cap off then you would be ok and the unit is reliable. The tip cannot be struck anywhere and it relies on the chemical in the base to be struck against the tip in order to ignite. Military and police forces in other parts of the world have used these for years and they were approved for use in 'high stress' environments with praise given to its simplicity.

I hope this answers your questions and please post a photo of your race car. We love track toys :)

17. abu

abu Rookie

Mar 21, 2014
    code please

18. Raim314

Raim314 Rookie

Dec 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Raymond Wang
    Hi @Element Can you send me a discount code too please?

19. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    All PM's replied to with discount codes attached. For anyone interested in giving an Element Fire Extinguisher as a gift the deadline for delivery to anywhere in the US or Canada would be December 16th.

20. gansevoort

gansevoort Rookie

Sep 28, 2012
    Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    Patrick M.
    Can you send me the discount code.
    Thank you.

21. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    I’d like to order two e50s for Christmas for my racing buddies...thanks!

22. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
  23. Peter B Shanahan

Dec 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peter Shanahan
    Kindly requesting the discount code. I'd like to purchase several.

Thanks!

Peter

24. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    could i get the discount code

25. Charles Lee

Charles Lee Rookie

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Lee
    Could you please send me a discount code?