This is what happens when you sell your cars to rich [] kids like these. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

This is what happens when you sell your cars to rich [] kids like these.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dilusha, Dec 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Clickbait. New economy. Most of us are irrelevant to it. It’s for our kids and their peers.

Do they value and respect what we do/our values? No but the next generation doesn’t ever.

We are the dinosaurs. This is our dinosaur forum. I’m good with that.

At least it drives interest to cars and not,say, Fortnite (google it).

ScottS

anunakki likes this.
  2. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    you know if you guys keep this up Jay Leno will invite them on

ed m. likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I am 1000000% sure. I know several youtubers making money off of it. My friend sells kids toys and uses YouTube to promote his products. The thing is ppl
    Actually have to watch the ads for u to be paid& spend a good amount of time watching as u mentioned.
    InterestinglyHoovies garage for instance told us on this forum that after posting 2 videos on the TR he bought he had made enough for the sales tax to be paid on the car which was about i think 800-900k views and a car purchase at 80k so a tax bill in the 6k i would think.
    Also if your account doesn’t monetize the video or you dont have enough viewtime to monetize , views dont amount for much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #54 paulchua, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    I think what's missing from this point of view is context. I am in full agreement that certain actions do elicit emulators for further tomfoolery (remember that show Jackass?) There are channels on YouTube devoted to pranks and unethical behavior.

It appears these two guys are car enthusiasts, and the photo is a click bait shot intentionally designed to advertise a heavy dose of braggadocio; in essence the very tropes of a modern rap video.

I highly doubt kids will take this photo as a call to the liberation of their deep-seated desire to use their cars as trampolines.

The contrary viewpoints you and others express of course are not surprising considered the intentional ostentatious and gaudy framing; however, to engage in negative attention is similar to 'buying' a ticket to Barnum and Baily's freak show with the intention of criticizing it. The cash is in Barnum's pocket the moment one participated. As the saying goes...no bad publicity in show business.

Finally, I agree with the many here that argue being critical with this 'showy' behavior (especially within the context) makes one stand on a very slippery slope indeed. We are after all not on a "Meals on Wheels" forum.

showme1946 and anunakki like this.
  5. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    #55 I'm 360 Canuck, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018
    anunakki and paulchua like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #56 paulchua, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018
    SCEye, anunakki and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Last I checked this is a free country and these boys can do whatever they wish with their possessions. They earned the money to buy them and far be it from you or me to be the judge , jury and executioner. They are behaving like kids , which they are. Good for them. As far as being raised with no respect, unless you are their dad I wouldn’t be so jugemental bro. Best , Kirk

8. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

Anyone that puts them selves out there on YouTube is asking to be judged. There is a reason they have like and dislike buttons on every video as well as a comment section.

I stand by my comments. Past that I won't be commenting on this issue any further "BRO"

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    A young person with a lot of money portrays themselves as a ****** bag? Never seen such a thing!

10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    That targa roll bar was probably the strongest structure in the Fiat X1/9!

davem, randkin and G. Pepper like this.
  12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I loved that car. I used to dream about it years after it was gone. Haven't dreamt about it since I got my first Ferrari though. :)

paulchua likes this.
  13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Ok.

14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Only want to point out the incoming traffic in the back on the open public road. They are acting their age at best, doesn't matter how deep the wallet is.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  15. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    good for them ... but man don't stand on the ,,,,,car hoods...

stavura likes this.
  16. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Guess they have a painless-dent removal guy who specializes in heel prints.:eek:

17. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    this...
    ... then this...
    I guess I'll let you clarify your first statement.

18. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Oh please.
    Saying that you could possibly find yourself as one of the unlucky few that come out of an establishment and find a kid standing on your automobile, is quite a bit different than saying, I really hope someone vandalizes your Exotic.

19. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    k

Pretty sure this pic is intended as a teaser for the Dumber and Dumber reboot.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  20. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    Hmmm... I guess that’s where you and I differ. I don’t say offensive things to people.

Edit: offensive statement removed and good sense prevailed.

21. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #71 308 milano, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    In other word, you’re chastising me over a learning disability? ( that’s really low and offensive ) I’m offended by your statement, and MORE SO offended that you find my post offensive! LOL, let’s Move on please. Apologies if you Took my post so personal.

22. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Lol...good catch! And on a bridge, no less.
    Geniuses!

23. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The main difference is that #1 and #2 MAY damage the car. #3 (standing on it), WILL damage the car!
    I personally think it's great that young people are motivated and smart enough to play the modern system to legally make that amount of money, good for them!
    However, I'm such a car enthusiast that it still upsets me when people carelessly damage their car, even when it's not mine, and even if I never see that car again! I know it's weird but I can't help it. I guess that I see cars as art instead of a lump of metal. I'm that guy that will say something if I'm at a car show/gathering and see someone touch or lean on the cars.....even if it's not mine and I don't even know the owner! I feel like it's just basic respect. Ultimately, it IS just an object, and the owner has the right to do anything he wants with it...However, it doesn't mean that I won't cringe and get upset when watching it though.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The Pista's hood and front fenders are carbon as is the GT2 RS's hood so those should not be damaged by standing on it like aluminum would. The paint could get damaged, but if they have PPF and/or ceramic it should be okay.

25. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    Actually, tracking the cars "damage" it more than just driving it around. Tracking them causes more rock chips, wear, tear, etc.
    people will disagree but let's put it this way: two Ferraris will have different prices if one were taken to the track often and the other were driven only on the street. The market will offer a lower price for tracked cars, given all other factors being equal (mileage, options, etc).