TR cooling issue | FerrariChat

TR cooling issue

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Brad L, Dec 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brad L

Brad L Rookie

Dec 6, 2018
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Brad Lefore
    Hello - I have an '87 TR were the cooling fans are not functioning. Can I please get some tips where to look to remediate the boil over?

Thanks!

Brad

2. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Just had this gremlin myself. First off check the fuse board for loose or burnt connections. Loose was my problem. If I recall they were on the lower left bank of terminals, Block J with 2nd from the right, RH fan, and 5th from the right, LH fan. HTH

3. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
  4. Brad L

Brad L Rookie

Dec 6, 2018
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Brad Lefore
    Excellent information... Thank you!

5. Brad L

Brad L Rookie

Dec 6, 2018
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Brad Lefore
    Thanks for the help!

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    hello brad
    welcome to the flat 12 friends here
    unfortunately you not have written in your profile your job. so none knows now how much knowledge you have in technical/car stuff and it will be hard to explain a beginner an electric wiring diagram or also how to test things.
    so would be great if you could tell us about your experience that we can help you with your cooling issue.
    first of all as jeff already mentioned check the fuses, the fuse box, the connectors there and the relais.
    are both cooling fans not running? left side radiator has the thermoswitch. remove the wires and connect both. when then the fans run you know what to do. if not then you may start looking deeper into the system. but you will get great help here :)

7. Brad L

Brad L Rookie

Dec 6, 2018
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Brad Lefore
    Thanks for the help. Neither fans are running. I will check the PCB, relays, wiring harness and fuses this weekend. Hopefully it is just a loose wire.

8. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003