New Ford GT | Page 84 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Answer to my question just rolled in this evening:

Dear John,

We are writing to inform you that the Ford GT application site will reopen on November 8th, 2018 at 1:01 PM GMT through December 7th, 2018 at 12:01 PM GMT. The link to the application can be found at www.fordgt.com

Please note, if you applied in 2016, you will need to login and accept the Terms and Conditions for your application to be reconsidered for an upcoming allocation. You will also have the ability to update your application, if you choose to do so.

Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by Ford Motor Company, and all applicants will be notified of the results by the Ford GT Concierge Team by April 5th, 2019.

Sincerely,

Ford GT Concierge Team

2. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I got my reminder message yesterday as well. Not sure if I am going to resubmit or not, I think the odds will be much lower this time with many more people applying.

3. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    #2078 Sinovac, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    jamesdouglas1436 likes this.
  4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    love the gray/orange combo.

is this different from the competition package or...? I've seen a million pics online of this car in the last 24 hours but can't find a description for what the carbon edition is.

5. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Agreed, but I am not a celebrity and do not currently own a FGT, so I don't have those going for me. I will probably resubmit. Maybe since I have 4 Fords now instead of 3 when I submitted last time will push me over the top..... LOL!

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  6. TTM647

TTM647 Rookie

Feb 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    JS
    Replaces the Competition Series. Due to federal regulations on back-up cameras and a few other tings the Competition got axed. Carbon Series retains A/C and radio as where Competition had nothing and the singular carbon fiber stripe.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    gotcha, thanks!

TTM647 likes this.
  8. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I got my e-mail as well, and have prepared a document showing my love of cars from age 13 on, with photo's from back then. From slot car racing a 1/32nd Cox Ford GT in 1966, to being in the pits at Green Valley Raceway with the Amalie Racing Oil Team Mustang. Decided a 1 minute video was too short to do me any good. I will be logging in on the minute I can.

Hoping existing GT owner's get preferential treatment when the final 600 get chosen.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/20180/10/ford-gt-carbon.html

There are really cool possibilties with the optional stripe and accent colors.

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Can you order those extras on a regular car? Exhaust and rear hatch?

11. TTM647

TTM647 Rookie

Feb 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    JS
    Vented rear hatch, carbon fiber stripes and the accented optional stripe, mirrors and brake calipers are exclusive to Carbon Series. Everything else, titanium exhaust, etc are upgrade options on the “standard” car. I am almost surprised though that no aftermarket company has tried to produce a similar vented rear hatch yet.

amenasce and jamesdouglas1436 like this.
  12. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  14. TTM647

TTM647 Rookie

Feb 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    JS
    Should’ve of taken the money and ran at a Mecum Monterey. Ending bid was $1.6M?, I believe. That was all the money on the best day for that car. Guess that’s what happen you buy it for $1.8M looking to flip.

15. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Disappointing to see. I want one to drive the wheels off and leave to my kids.

16. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    The website is up today, and I added a few photos to my application.

It's open to everyone, and I believe closes December 1st. You will receive word during the first quarter of 2019.

Very hopeful to get into the final 600.

17. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    After not being able to decide on a spec for several months, I ordered the Carbon Series in the exact same spec (Leadfoot Grey with carbon stripe and orange accents) as the SEMA show car. Deposit paid (50% due on order finalization) now waiting for confirmation on build and delivery date.

18. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    Can't wait to see pics! Congrats

19. vyprgt2

vyprgt2 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2005
    CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Disappointing to see. I want one to drive the wheels off and leave to my kids. >>>>

Yep, me too.

I will be sure to put fresh wheels on before passing it on to the kids though

20. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  21. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
  22. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    This is a nice video of two Heritage deliveries in Europe in case you have not seen.

23. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I saw one of these live today. It was parallel parked on the street. WOW! It is a great looking car! Very edgy but not to the point of looking over done.

24. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    With the Pista, the GT2RS, the Performante Spyder and the newest Ferrari about to debut I’m surprised anyone entertains this stupid **** that Ford is making people go through for a car that’s already been eclipsed in performance and technology. I have a 2005 FGT and love the car but kissing Fords butt and creating a dumb home movie of you doing it is just retarded.

As always just my opinion.