new mac on dec 8th? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

new mac on dec 8th?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by 95spiderman, Nov 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I would either go base and customize or star with performance. I think you can be about $350K with a decent spec. My coupe has a **** ton of options, some I would get again and others maybe not.

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Looks like base price went up and the price for performance. Price of admission is now 350k.

The down side of a great economy.

3. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Loaded with most options, upgraded paint and wheels/brakes, electrochromic glass goof and glazed buttresses, as well as moderate interior and exterior carbon, these are going to be around $400k with USA delivery. Topped out with full options, complete carbon and minor MSO customization > $450k.

I spec'd all available options on my coupe, except for the track telemetry, and very glad I did. While maybe not wise in regards to depreciation, I bought the car to enjoy and there is nothing that I would not miss having. I generally figure +20% to the base price for options, seems fairly consistent among cars whether $50,000 or $500,000.

Gh21631, SoCal to az and F2003-GA like this.
  4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you don't need CF, they should stay "reasonable". The dark palladium trim looks similar enough to skip most exterior CF. I personally think good paint looks way better than CF anyway.

When I see 330k vs 380k cars, the expensive ones don't really look any better. I'd go pretty barebones on trim and do MSO paint and interior leather.

Someone said the lift kid might be standard on the car now. I see no reason to spec the glass roof on a Spider. Makes no sense.

It's a shame they lost the rear storage space. They should have made it more of a targa and kept it.

5. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Built mine--$352k.

F2003-GA likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Seems about right give or take a few things. Starting with the Performance version gives you some goodies bundled in and then add about $30k.

7. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Does anyone have the price list for the spider?

8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Yep, got it to $356. Dealer said if I order at this point won't be until summer. Decisions....

Here is price list w/ options--you can play around with choices/pricing.

Attached Files:

F2003-GA and SoCal to az like this.
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m just a coupe fan in general. The spider does nothing for me.

IPO1 likes this.
  10. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    McLaren has the worst marketing department of all the exotic car manufacturers. Every time they release a car one has to wait for it to grown on you. Senna was unveiled in the worst color possible, speedtail release pics highlighted none of its uniqueness just those dumb wheel covers and then this spider video. It's a nice looking car but that video immediately make me frustrated as I can't see any detail properly except for the ones I already know from the coupe :mad:. The whole point of the video is to showcase the car, not hide it!

Gum12345 and SoCal to az like this.
  11. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What do you expect to see differently? You can see the roof moving up and down, you can see the glass roof. What other differences to you expect? Everything else should be identical except where the doors attach.

I generally agree the pick some bad launch colors and images, but the 720S Spider doesn't strike me as much of an offender.

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not sure if you are talking to me bbut where did I say that I expected something different? In fact on the previous page I posted that this was exactly what I expected and it doesnt make me want one. Im happy with my coupe.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    They did a very poor job at both of those videos in showing the B/C pillars and the engine cover. Most of the main video was in the dark and they went out of their way to not show much of the mechanism. The side shot video was no help either.

I had to replay the video and pause it just to see what the hell the top of the engine cover looked like (58 sec mark here). It's a huge plain black plastic piece. Then at 59 seconds it looks like the C pillar is glass (here). That's the only time I saw that.

It would have been nice if they focused the video more on that. Another horrible launch by McLaren. I hope they are saving up some money as they will be in for a surprise in 2020 when the next recession hits (likely earlier for the UK).

F2003-GA and SoCal to az like this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Agree. And why do they choose the worst colors???

15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Eh, I don't see what the big deal is. They released a bunch of pictures with it that shows everything you're describing.

16. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
  17. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Pallidium top on the red car does not work with the carbon when the top is down. I suppose they are trying to show options but dont show bad ones.

F2003-GA and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  18. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    The car has flying buttresses which are not present in the coupe but I can barely tell that from the video. In todays age of limited attention span who wants to go research pics on top of the video to be able to find out the important details. Also agree with @frefan on bad choice of colours. Someone in McLaren marketing needs to be changed.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I just built one, they can deliver by April but I won't do it unless I get a strong number on trade and a nice discount otherwise it doesn't make sense for me. My Urus will be here in a few weeks so that should be enough of a fix for a bit.

F2003-GA likes this.
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Schmee has a good video if you fast forward through the BS.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Whic colors do you feel are bad? The launch color blue is awesome.

F2003-GA likes this.
  22. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I agree. I'm just not sold on spider--but I've never been a topless (car) guy. I highly doubt you will get a 'solid' trade number with what is out on market and they would have to make that up with 10%+ discount. Otherwise just wait or forget it and wait for LT.

Gh21631 likes this.
  23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thats the plan otherwise.

IPO1 likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Zero interest in the spider for me. I’ll wait for LT.

IPO1 likes this.