Ferrari owners and supporters F1 appreciation thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari owners and supporters F1 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Nov 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I imagine the original tiles would have been made locally. As I expect you know, ceramics is the other big local industry around Maranello. In fact, my kitchen floor tiles were made in Fiorano, although it was entirely by coincidence as I bought them at my local tile shop and only noticed where they were made when I got them home (they don't have Cavallinos on them though).

sammysaber and daytona355 like this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I understand from what Luca colliani told me that they were a gift from a tifosi businessman that knew Enzo... I wish I could have them replicated. The ideal ferrari memorabilia.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually the remaining tiles were bought up by Continental in Hinsdale, Illinois. So that would be a good place to start calling. But by now their supply might be zero as well since they were selling them. I bought one just for my collection.

4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Thanks for that, I’ll try calling them :)

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

5. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    You know what I would love to see?
    Someone with free time, calculate how many laps or miles or km has Scuderia Ferrari done in its F1 history from day one (racing laps/miles/km not qualifiying etc), and which team comes 2nd and 3rd.
    that would be spectacular....

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If you end up being a tile short you can certainly have mine.

ATBNM3 and daytona355 like this.
  7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    OMG, that would take some working out...... changes in track layouts over the years, unfinished races/laps..... that’s a helluva undertaking.... count me out! Hehe

8. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    ATBNM3 likes this.
  9. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

daytona355 likes this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    tomc likes this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s a shame we aren’t all on the same continent, we should have an Fchat racing series. Various groups of racers so everyone gets a go, and us ferrari owners and appreciators could get out on the tracks, have some fun, let people have a drive (not in a race mind you, I ain’t stupid enough to let anyone do that!) and have some lighthearted competition. All marques invited except Mercedes though! Hehe

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m hearing good things so far from my cousin at the Scuderia regards the tests on new components..... please god let this year be the one we smash Mercedes for six - if we do they’ll probably pack up and leave f1, being the great sportsmen they are (NOT)

Jeronimo GTO and Nortonious like this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    As said, he was in Monaco for the opening of the new Ferrari Exhibition inside the Car Collection of the Prince....
    Among 45 Ferraris there are 9 F1 cars on show, for more visit
    https://www.anamera.com/en/editorial/article/news/exposition-ferrari-in-monaco/index.html?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=226&cHash=9f8f46624b
    or if you do not want to read the drivel I wrote jump directly to the gallery:
    https://barchetta.stage.mediacenter.plus/-/Events-by-Year-Auction-Concours-News-Race-Rally-etc/01-2018/Show/Ferrari-Exhibition-Monaco-2018/?v=a&dir=2270390&rd=1964532&flat=true

sammysaber and 375+ like this.
  15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Nice article Peter...... enough information to keep the reader interesting, not enough to be too much........ excellent

P.Singhof likes this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thnas Peter, greta pictures and text...can you pleasde tell me what car is it besides the 512bb lm NART? dark grey with a yellow stripe?

P.Singhof likes this.
  17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
  18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Fantastic Peter, thank you for posting.

daytona355 and P.Singhof like this.
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That was it Peter, thanks, gorgeous car.

daytona355 likes this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    @P.Singhof

Awesome pics Peter. Love me that 312 with spaghetti pipes.

2nd favorite 312 B2 (Jacky Ickx).

daytona355 likes this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Great pics!

22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Those would have been my favourites as well....

23. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I always throw him out there but most don't agree, I do though!

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I love being in one of the few areas we can be Tifosi and discuss Ferrari and the greatest team in the history of F1. I so love Ferrari it’s actually physically painful to read some of the ******** around here some days. I do hope we find a magic bullet for next year and wipe those Mercedes off the track and lap them every race, and I hope bottles grows a pair of bollocks and actually refuses to be a lapdog for the little ballerina. With luck, Honda will have an engine good enough to let Maxine mix it with him too, and punts him into the gravel a few times....... awwwwwwwww, daydreams are soooooo relaxing

I watched the Canadian GP of 1995 today, what a difference from today’s ******** races, sorry, foregone conclusions...... the engines sounded great, Murray screaming out his commentary, Michael driving away from the front, McLaren and Williams still able to be competitive. Boy did Michael know how to make that Benetton a match for the all powerful Williams..... had they had a decent driver in it, mind you, he would have had a tougher job, but Damon hill was never among the best drivers, he was another guy that could be quick if the car was perfect, hence his results..... That Williams could have been the class of the field in 1992 right thru to 1996 if truth be told, it was THE car to have, but Michael was THE driver, he made that second row Benetton, sometimes third row Benetton, into a world beater..... what a driver

Forza Ferrari

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I heard Kimi has been awarded the Smirnoff Man of the Year award for 2018 after his spirited display at the FIA dinner last weekend..... i thin’ I’d rather be known as the man having the most fun at a stuffy awards ceremony than the boring one that only eats lettuce and daisies....... Hehehehe. Forza Kimi! Hope you smash it at Sauber next year mate, and get a few podiums! One of the best Ferrari characters ever

Makuono likes this.