2011 California deck lid adjustment needed | FerrariChat

2011 California deck lid adjustment needed

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Greg Macmillen, Dec 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Greg Macmillen

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gregory R Macmillen
    Hello All, First time Ferrari owner here. I just purchased a 2011 California with 800 miles on it. I noticed today that I was hearing a slight noise coming from the back when I hit bumps in the road. I took a look at the deck lid and it is sitting slightly lower on the drivers Side which is allowing the lid to rub against the body. Does anyone know how to adjust that up slightly. Thank you for your help

2. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    Good afternoon fellow Californian, You may want to post a picture to show where the misalignment is.

3. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    Since the lid has two functions, two hinged actions, it would be necessary to see where the misalignment is.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Greg Macmillen

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gregory R Macmillen
  5. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    I can’t get a good idea from these, maybe a wider shot to put this in context. I see the lid not even just above the turn signal in the first picture but I’m lost as to what the 2nd picture is showing.
    BTW You will get some terrific advice on this site. The knowledge base is incredible. I am, like you, a rookie. I’ve been on here a little over a year and have had every question answered. You’ll get good feedback, probably not from me, but from one of the smart guys.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. Greg Macmillen

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gregory R Macmillen
    Thank you for your help.The second picture shows a wear spot in the paint from the lid touching the inner fender just above the tail light. As you can see in the first picture the deck lid actually touching the fender on most of that seam. Do you know of any adjustment that I could make so that the deck lid does close quite as tight

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Photos too close for me to tell where on the Cali they are. Since the Cali is newly bought (congrats by the way), why not bring it back to the dealer and have them adjust?
    T

8. Greg Macmillen

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gregory R Macmillen
    Thank you Tom, I was hoping it was just a quick adjustment I could make on my own, If not that is exactly what I will do

9. Greg Macmillen

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gregory R Macmillen
    I will post some more pics tomorrow