Pista spider production numbers | FerrariChat

Pista spider production numbers

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mytoys, Dec 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Does anyone have an idea how many Pista spiders Ferrari intends to produce? I heard they will produce less spiders than coupes. Anyone else heard the same from a reliable source? I’m trying to figure out whether this is a collectible car and whether I should spec it out at Taylormade. Thanks.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    To keep it as a collectible you won't be able to drive it so you might find there are better uses of half a million bucks which give either more pleasure or a better return

Based on current overall production figures there could well be a couple of thousand

3. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    This topic has already been discussed , however , considering different sources, the realistic number seems to be around 900 pcs and not “ a copule of thousand “.

F2003-GA and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    With such a low number one would wonder why Ferrari would not have made it a limited edition (the F12 TDF was officially limited to 799, and the LaFerrari + LaFerrari Aperta - both limited - exceed 700 in total).
    My personal guess would be somewhere between 1500 and 2000, since the total Pista production (berlinetta and spider) will probably be between 3000 and 4000.
    Being not limited, the split coupe/spider could be very similar to the split on the regular GTB/spider; these numbers may seem high but to me they are consistent with the goal of selling more cars at higher prices. Leaking unofficial low numbers is a way to support demand since (apparently) more people are willing to pay for felt exclusivity rather than for a car, while not making the numbers official allows to sell as much as demand will permit.

Roland1688, mytoys and boobernackle like this.
  5. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    They did not Made it numbered because , from what i have understood ,because the next limited and numbered editions will be VERY VERY limited ( for ex max 300 pcs) and car with a price starting almost from an higher price 700000 euros/ 1 milion ?

6. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Will this very limited car be 488 based ?

of2worlds likes this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I doubt that a less expensive new model would be limited to 300 pcs when they will build about 500 of the Monza SP1 - SP2 series.
    Possibly a production run of 899 for the 'big brother' spaceship model. You could point to the 209 pcs for the LaFerrari Aperta. However that total number built was artificially constrained by the one year 2017 Anniversary timing demands.

8. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    If the limited numbered car won’t be based on the 488 then the pista spider should be the most special version of the 488s?

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    For the time being I think that title is for the Pista Piloti.

mytoys and Solid State like this.
  10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Other thread postulates that there is a version of the 488 called the "face lift" (existing chassis). Latest estimate is arrival late 2019 or early 2020. This car would be logically based on the latest version of the 488 (Pista) with upgrades. It would be the last car on that same chassis. If its "replacement" car comes out in 2021 on the new modular chassis then that's one year of production for the "face lift" which could make it a newer, better car and lower production numbers. That is if you believe the current understanding.

11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    If this is confirmed, with the current trend of multiplying models, Ferrari could make a "sportier" version of the so-called facelift...

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If any of this is true, it could also be a Spider. Also can't see Ferrari making a follow-on car less capable than the previous.

13. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    It appears the pista spider isn’t really something special then. 16m and speciale aperta are likely more collectible.

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Guessing the collector car market and future values not a precise science but for sure a true numbered LE car is a better indicator than guessing production numbers on a production car. As far as TM, I don't think anyone has discussed the return on that investment. Lots of discussion about return on options such as carbon fiber. I think folks pick TM for keeper cars they have personal interest in and not in a rush to sell. Folks do that for the experience as much as the result. That's something that doesn't pass to the next buyer. However, many F12tdfs seem to be tailor made so in that car I think buyers are looking for TMs that are tastefully upgraded especially the interiors.

15. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    In speaking to my dealer he is stating that they getting seven or eight Pista spiders. They received the same amount of TDF cars as well. So in fact the Pista Spider is not numbered But has a limited production which is roughly 1/3 of the Pista coups for this dealer.

Be that as it may I went through the process of having my Pista spider tailor-made and it was a pretty cool experience. I am looking forward to seeing the customization in real life and it will probably be a life time hold for me as well. I have a very customized Speciale coupe as well that I won’t be selling any time soon.

I’m not too concerned with future value considering I won’t be selling the car anytime soon but it’s nice to know that the car should hold it’s retail value for a little while at least.

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :eek:

17. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Pistas Spider will be around 30% of Pistas Coupes.
    For example for the Americas will be 700 Coupes and 250 Spiders approximately.

18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thanks you're the best :)

19. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
  20. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    It’s interesting that we’re something like 6 months into Pista deliveries yet not a single spider delivered - in fact no sign yet. The only photographs on the internet are of the white and blue cars (there are a few of them - all owned by the factory) and the TDF cars, mainly camouflaged for some reason, also owned by the factory. The Spider run is clearly going to be much shorter than the coupe.

F2003-GA and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Not sure that's entirely correct as for previous models right at the end of the run there have been only spiders produced and this has continued during early production of the next coupe

22. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Doesn't necessarily follow. For a start, the spider was launched six months after the coupe.