Mclaren Senna. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Mclaren Senna.

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by rossocorsa, Dec 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Congrats and look forward to hearing your thoughts after track time...

2. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Liquid silver. (color looks better in pictures). I thought it was going to be a little bit more chorme like but it is just really, really silver.

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  3. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I'll try to give it my best. I was part of a 3 car group where the car in front of me and behind me crashed at Laguna a couple of months ago because of an oil spill. The two cars were totaled and the car in front of me hit and killed the corner work. Things just haven't been the same for me mentally since that terrible incident.

4. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Killed a corner worker??

SV

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  6. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    yeah. If you google it, you'll find it.

Oil spill at the top of turn 7. A white gt3 hit it first, wasn't able to make it over to the right to set it up for the corkscrew and instead lost traction and hit the wall with his wing that runs along the left side of the track right to the end of it and hit the corner worker who had come out a little bit from his area to warn us of the danger. Car behind me lost it and hit the wall on the left side of the track between turn 7 and kept going all the way to the corkscrew (hit the wall at 118 mph).

It happened in the middle of October. I don't want to post pictures as someone may grab it and start posting it in other places.

There was a big thread about it on rennlist.

7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That’s terrible to hear. What a tragic accident.

8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Sorry to hear that

9. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    So sorry to hear about that. Very sad indeed.

This is why I dont like tracking million dollar cars. One patch of oil and its all over. If I'm on track, I want to be in a cage and a car that I can afford to lose.

10. Hbiauto

Hbiauto Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Mocksville, NC

Attached Files:

11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Glad you made it through unscathed.

13. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Really sorry to hear!

Hope you heal soon!

No car damage? How did you manage to not lose it??

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I was the fourth car on the out lap of about 20 cars . An RWB Porsche was one of the last cars in our group . He leaked a lot of oil and on the second lap the four car group that I was part of broke free from everyone else . We were the first cars to come up to the oil spill. The first car was a gt4 clubsport and he slipped a little , 2nd car lost it , I hit the oil slick at 130 mph right at the end of the slick . I lost traction a bit but got the car back under control and at the same time the car behind me lost it and was off in the gravel and hit the wall.

The rest of the group was far behind and the yellow flag went up at turn 6 and they were able to slow down and not be impacted but they saw the carnage . I was the only one who saw the corner worker face down in the gravel . Everyone else saw his shoe in the middle of the corkscrew .

The first car and myself have the same coach and we have a different race line from 6 to turn 7 then everyone else . We hug the curbing on the right as we are exiting 6 and let the car naturally move to the left . We don’t get into the established race line until right at the brake zone .

The car that dumped the oil and the two cars that crashed use the established race line and they got onto the oil slick right at the beginning and lost all control .

If the first car and myself used the typical race line then all four of us would have crashed

15. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Painful indeed!

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
  17. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    I wonder how the Senna stacks up against the p1 GTR.

I think the GTR is one of the most badass looking cars ever, and even considering the cost I think I would take the GTR over the senna.

18. cort wagner

cort wagner Rookie

Sep 5, 2018
    Pacific Palisades
    Full Name:
    cort m wagner
    I love the Senna but seriously don't understand who tracks a 1.2m DOT/EPA road car. I have a 991 GT3 Cup Car, bought it used for 130k, track toy, blast to drive, as fast as I need to go, not expensive and I know if I damage it the parts are a tenth of what that Senna would cost...Cup Car has a 305 front tire and abs and slicks and I bet is all as good as that Senna in the brake zones. I ran 1.28's at Laguna at Rennsport, haven't seen a Senna run those time (yet), so even if I had a Senna I still would not do track days as I would be driving in financial fear of dropping a wheel anywhere..no thanks.

I mean I am ALL about wicked street cars, love P1, 918, GT2RS LaFa, etc...all very use-able, live-able, can hear your partner talk, go to lunch, not take off the nose on the slightest dip and still have huge presence.

So far, the GT2RS still holds the record at the Ring, Senna, Koenigsegg, nobody has beat it and frankly I bet a GT2RS is actually a better canyon car then a Senna, just a simple factor of having a bigger footprint. Thing I question the most on Senna is 245 front tire, street tire, I mean how fast can anything go on a 245, and if it does go fast (because of huge down-force) , that tire is toast in 20 minutes...am I making any sense?

Yes, I still badly want a Senna, ultimate, impractical, irrational, unlivable, bad ass looking, LMP car for the street that makes ZERO sense. Yup, still want one though ..maybe one day

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  19. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Your opinion is very agreeable. Sums it up perfectly.

Jo Sta7 likes this.