Biggest complaint about your 308/328/GT-4 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Biggest complaint about your 308/328/GT-4

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308 milano, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    OEM-speakers? I admit, these offended my ears too.
    It's possible to transform the audio in the 3x8 cars to an enjoyable level with aftermarket speakers, which fit in the doors without modifications (mine are from JBL). A radio/CD/BT with a reasonable power amplifier and equalizer capabilities.
    With this equipment I even enjoy classical music while driving through the swiss Alps on twisty roads :) and 70s Hard Rock on the german Autobahn :)

Best from Germany
    Martin

2. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    53ford and 308Dadoo like this.
  3. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Correction, looks terrific! And I’m betting it will still push north of 140 mph. Plenty fast enough for being 30+ years old. Seriously beautiful 308

4. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.

Yeah, yeah....I have all the same comments...and then I start it up and drive it. Whining all gone! :)

thorn likes this.
  5. davidgt4

davidgt4 Karting

May 28, 2003
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    David W.
    I'm sure it's been said already, but not enough time to do what I want to in it...

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Photo courtesy of Franco Rastrelli/Blue Passion - 2018 HERO Summer Trial

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The worst thing about my 328 is the extremely poor lighting of the instrument panel at night - and that is after an upgrade!

Second is the lack of vents to the left of the driver (and to the right of the passenger). Even when my a/c is cooling adequately, only one side of me is getting cooled!

Third is reflections off of the central instrument binnacle onto the windshield at certain times of the day. Non-reflective material should have been used.

Rosey likes this.
  7. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    The dash lighting in my 78 308 was very poor until I bypassed the light dimmer / rheostat. Now, It is very easy to see at night

8. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    you might want to pass those training exercises along to the rest of us.

Lester

9. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Reminds me of something that Bob Sinclair said when looking at and I believe driving the Honda NSX, he said it's quick, holds the road, but it has no soul. That's where the desire to have a slow car with lousy A/C comes from, that soul. And the red paint, that helps too. ;-)

Lester

thorn likes this.
  10. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    I will look whether I find something already written. But it has something to do with serious bicycle riding.

Best from Germany
    Martin

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    That's about as good as a 308/328 can look: GTB, Euro bumpers, small undernose spoiler. The only thing that would make it look better is removing the wing.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    My complaint about Porsche is that, by comparison, they make too many cars. One thing I like about Ferrari is the exclusivity, that you don't see yourself coming and going. When I park the Ferrari, I often get questions and comments. The best thing about owning the car is that it makes people smile!

ferrariowner likes this.
  13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As a Honda owner since 1978 (and my daily driver is a Civic coupe), I agree with you. Compared to my 328, the original NSX was superior in almost any way, an exotic that you could easily use as a daily driver. But it lacked the passione, that unique feeling that you are driving a piece of the Maranello legend. I look at the cavallino in the center of my steering wheel and it just makes me smile more!

Albert-LP likes this.
  14. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Wouldn't it be better to compare the 1st gen. NSX with its contemporary Ferrari 348? Rather than with predecessors like the 328?

Best from Germany
    Martin

15. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Martin, my friend was just rating if you will the NSX, no comparison to the Ferrari although he had a Dino I believe. He was the former CEO of SAAB North America.

Lester

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Chronologically, you're right, but my opinion would not change. The NSX competed against not only the 348 but also the 355 and the 360 during its long run. It was still more practical and livable than any of the Ferraris, but still lacked the soul. (I would never have bought a 348. I thoroughly disliked the styling cues and was happy when they revised them with the 355.)

17. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #92 Martin308GTB, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Totally agree. I attended the german IAA 1989 in Frankfurt. (International Automobile Exhibition) where they launched the 348. The presentation was so important for them, that the TB and TS were the only models on the Ferrari booth. I never forget my disappointment. I don't even have photographs. While I have a lot of Ferrari pics from that exhibition from the years 1975 (first attendance with my dad, I was twelve) onwards.

Best from Germany
    Martin

18. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Every year there is a very good Porsche Reunion in the town that I live near. They cordon off several blocks of the main street (a US route no less) in the business district for the event. After about one block I get bored because all the cars are the same except for the color. Make no mistake, they have top tier classic cars (even historic racing cars) there but it doesn't take long to realize that Porsche made very few models.

https://www.redbrickreunion.com/

19. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    i not have a any complaints because my car is pretty quick with Tubi, , i rebuild AC, compressor, hoses, fittings R12 and it gets very cold , fan new diverter motors a left a right i have a four new motor mounts, have 4 new OEM konis plus all bushings install now , new audio and crossovers for 6 speakers with power sub woofer, i replace all switches, all gauges, except cant find new clock yet . i have new headlights, but want to change to brighter soon, i replace fog + driver lights cant wait to drive again soon !!!

20. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    That nails my two. Notwithstanding my fear of others playing bumper cars or dinging it when parked in public, those are literally about the only two items that keep it from being a daily driver in spring and summer.

21. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    my only complaint is it's not a GTO.

Rosey, 308 milano and Martin308GTB like this.
  22. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    Owning a Lotus Turbo Esprit brings out some of the drawbacks of the 328:
    The GTS chassis is not very rigid and you can feel the car twisting and jumping around on uneven roads. The Esprit is rock solid.
    The steering on the 328 was designed with a low scrub radius which makes it heavy and unresponsive especially at low speeds compared to the Esprit which has a huge scrub radius like a go-kart and turn-in is amazing.
    The 328 5th gear is rather low. Esprit perfectly geared.

NoGoSlow likes this.
  23. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    My complaint is having to fill my 328 up with a jerry can now as 2 out of 5 times when I fill it up from a petrol bowser it over fills and the back pressure from the filler tube squirts petrol all over the side of the car.
    Oh and the crazy ventilation system with the LED's and rotors ??!!

24. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    P ZERO on a 17 Inch wheel improva handling so much more better I love GTS handling now
    I replace 2 diverter motors a left an right LEDs now work very good