replacing 412 exhaust | FerrariChat

replacing 412 exhaust

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by intrepidcva11, Dec 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    1986 412 needs a new exhaust and I've been having this fantasy: it is my understanding that New York State exempts automobiles 25 years and older from annual emissions inspections. I'm considering straight exhaust pipes with as tiny a muffler as my shop believes will avoid constant police trouble. Really release the sound of that Colombo 4-cam V-12. Has anyone tried this?

2. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    I have this same set-up. New exhaust headers with straight pipes to the resonators. A.C. Gough in England made the headers and Timevalve in Florida did the pipes and even put Ansi stickers on. Total cost @$8,000.00 and all stainless from front to back. No problems getting it inspected in NYC and the sound is wicked. Car is in storage for the winter so I can't record the exhaust note now.

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  3. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    How cool is that?

But what took you so long to get back to me, Rick? :mad:

Many thanks

4. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    I had P D Gough in the UK make me a complete system. Mine is a stainless steel copy of the original mild steel system, even with the Ansa stickers. But they can make whatever you require. Excellent quality.

PeterMercedes likes this.
  5. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    I am interested in headers SS or other, as mine are the air injected kind for emissions. Small tubes inside each runner. I tried to Google A.C. Gough but only see links to footballers. Also, any other recommendations for headers? I am in Long Island NY.

6. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Sorry, it is P D Gough. Right now is a good time to buy parts from England as the pound is down. Good luck, Frank! We'll have to get together in the Spring.

7. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Would love to meet up with you guys as well. Maybe get Tom Hale to join.

Seth, how much of your exhaust needs to be replaced?

8. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK