Quick Jack Lift | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Quick Jack Lift

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    up to you ! to measure and sink a few anchors in concrete is pretty easy stuff! easier than working on a Ferrari! many 4 post aren't even anchored ! they are movable! but i can understand the caution exercised by hiring a pro to do it whilst later standing under a few thousand pounds! LOL

2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

If I was going to do the two post I would drill all the way thru the concrete slab and epoxy the bolts in place.

neil e dale likes this.
  3. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    yes, sadly true, not available in the backwaters of the Sonoran desert ! ( not that we have much water either ! ) LOL

4. griffith500

griffith500 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2010
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Dbone, Neilg, whatheheck and 3 others like this.
  5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

I bought one and got it operational last weekend. I like it a lot but on a 308 if you position the ramps with the warning stickers to the front of the car it is very unstable. So I flipped them around and was able to get better lift points and it is very stable lifting that way.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just got one from Costco too, will use it on my 430. 8” ceilings in my garage, wish I could do a 4 post!

7. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

8" ceilings is going to be a problem!!!!!!!!:)

neil e dale likes this.
  8. FrankForrest

FrankForrest Rookie

Nov 12, 2016
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I just got one from Costco too. Merry Christmas to me.

whatheheck likes this.
  9. newbwrx

newbwrx Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I bought one from Cosco last month, before leaving on vacation. Oil changes and car detailing will never be the same. :)

whatheheck likes this.
  10. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    I just ordered one !

11. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I bought a 7000 model direct from QJ so I can use for all of my vehicles including Jeep GC SRT. Can’t wait to get it set up!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

neil e dale likes this.
  12. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    just saw quick jack slip on track extender so we can use our model 5000 for longer cars if we need want to ! ?? Image Unavailable, Please Login
    SLX Frame Extension Kit
    $195

IN STOCK NOW!

• Set of 2 Extensions
    • Adds 6" length to SLX frames
    • Fits 5000SLX & 7000SLX
    • Easy to carry

13. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have a 3500 I use with my Lotus, I love it.

14. Neilg

Neilg Karting

Feb 16, 2001
    Accokeek, Md.
    Full Name:
    Neil Green
    Thanks for the great post - I just ordered one from Costco as sale ends today 12/16 - $999 after $100 discount with tax came to $1,054.99.....can’t wait to get it for the 360!

15. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I picked up the 5000 SLX about a month ago from Summit Racing while they had their 10% off any purchase over $150, so it ended up costing me $1005 delivered. I don't think it matters which way the lifts are facing, as I've had my F430 all the way up facing both ways.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I'm 360 Canuck, neil e dale and HH11 like this.
  16. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    I am having a garage built and plan to have a old -fashoined pit in one of the bays so that w/ these quick jack lifts and we should be set for most any repair! and we will have a offset arm lift in the other bay someday !

17. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I recently received my QuickJack from Costco, and gave it a try last week with my 360.

I highly recommend placing the tracks with the sticker parts towards the REAR of the car. I initially set up the system the other way, and it was not stable, utilizing the car's jack points. The fronts of the tracks were actually lifting off the ground due to the weight imbalance. Switched them around, and it worked perfectly.

I'm still having issues with the air cylinder. I have a screw-on type air compressor. I fill the cylinder up to 50 or 55psi. The cylinder then loses air as I unscrew it as fast as I can! By the time I'm done, I'm left with only around 25psi per cylinder. Is there anything I can do, short of buying a different air compressor??

Thanks!
    Kevin

18. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Yes......stickers forward is scary unbalanced. I would get a fitting for your compressor so you can use a regular air attachment. I can get mine loaded to 50psi easily, but I am trying to find a couple of small diameter gauges that will fit on the air cylinder so I can easily see what PSI I have.

kes7u likes this.
  19. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    kes7u likes this.
  20. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I used a tire inflater fitting to fill my air cylinder. I had mine stickers facing forward and had no stability issues with my 360. The rubber pads should be evenly spaced on the lift as well front to back. With stickers facing forward and the lift down flat on the floor it was positioned forward so that the front most part of the lift with the stickers was only about an inch or less away from touching the front tire.

21. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thank you both! Not sure why I never thought of an attachment. I will look that up right now....

Kevin

22. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    WOW!! I can't believe this worked for you. The further forward the lift is placed, the more of the weight of the car is hanging off the back. I didn't even have mine this far forward, and the fronts were lifting well off the ground. Although this worked for you, I would still highly recommend placing them the other way, as it is a more stable configuration for this car.

Kevin

23. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    #148 Mimmo Blue, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    My understanding is that the centre point of weight on the car is at the rear lift point. I have read that if you put a regular jack under the car you can lift the entire side form the one rear lift point
    Here is a short video using the Quick Jack the first time on my car . You will hear the unit whine and seem to struggle That occurred because I had forgotten to open the air valve on the hydrolic tank. I've since put a big sticker on the unit to remind me to open the valve when in use. When not in use I close the valve to make sure the tranny fluid does not absorb moisture .

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  24. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    I have mine the opposite of that. My car goes towards the rear when lifting. Never had a problem. You use brake fluid in your system?

kes7u likes this.
  25. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

I set the rubber block right at the rear factory lift point on my 308. When lifted I pushed down on the rear bumper and the sticker end to the front lifted about an inch off the floor. I thought I was going to have a bad day. I won't ever do that again!!!!!