Stone chip guard adhesive | FerrariChat

Stone chip guard adhesive

Discussion in '360/430' started by firewire, Dec 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. firewire

firewire Rookie

Feb 23, 2008
    Hi, was wondering where can I buy replacmement stone chip guard clear adhesive for my side skirt? Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

2. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Google it. Readily available and easy to install.

3. firewire

firewire Rookie

Feb 23, 2008
    I did but couldn't find it hence my post here.

4. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
  5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You can have one of the paint protection film companies replace it for a small charge. It won’t be the serrated OEM type though.
    Or Xpel sells a small role about 1.5 inches wide too. I’ve used that to cover a couple spots

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. firewire

firewire Rookie

Feb 23, 2008
    True, I'll check out the PPF companies this weekend. Thanks

7. ItalGerBrit

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Buy the 3m shield that is all over Amazon, trim it to shape and install it. Crazy not to do it yourself. Extremely simple.

8. cladd2000

cladd2000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 18, 2005
    Use film still on car as a template. Get large enough paper sheet and with a helper trace the margins of the one on car with pencil. When cutting actual clear sheet remember to mirror image so sticky side down.

Kevin Rev'n likes this.
  9. cladd2000

cladd2000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 18, 2005
    Buy cheap or make positioning spray. Sheet actually slides all over wet surfaces

10. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I cringe when I think about trying to remove that without damaging your paint!

I agree, any auto salon that does xpel or 3m transparent products would be a good option

11. ItalGerBrit

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    No need to cringe. Many videos online on the process. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen and remove the old film slowly and gently. Heat the film gradually and it will lift when ready with a gentle pull. Pulling up the paint is a possibility and it happened to me on the front of my RV but the film was broken down much worse than that shown here and RV paint prep is nowhere near the prep on your Ferrari. My RV film was crazed and fused to the paint. it was ugly with mold underneath the film but much worse than yours. As suggested, make a template with paper before removing the film to get the notches shape just right. It really is easier than you might think.