Thought on salvage titles | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thought on salvage titles

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by msark, Mar 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Completely narrow way to look at the world. Lots of Ivy league girls did stuff in the "dorm room" which was just as nasty as any "champagne" room, and free no less...

2. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Not pointing any fingers, but from my experience there is a bit of misinformation here. I got my previously salvaged viper for about 60% of a clean titled one. Drove it 10,000 miles with no issues except an abs sensor ($50) then sold it for $7k more than I paid for it to get my clean titled 360 which was a trainwreck. It was such a great car I'm hoping I can buy it back. No issues insuring it or financing. I don't like pristine cars though. I like the cars I can get cheap and fix up. That being said, there is a difference between a car that had most of its body panels damaged and a car that doesn't have any panels line up anymore. People however get scared of the branded title and most people looking for an exotic can afford a clean title one so they are rather difficult to move.

Sent from my SM-N950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    It is true that you can both finance and insure salvage title cars, however there are stipulations such as car must have been repaired to “as new” condition, what ever that means, at a certified shop in most cases. And generally repaired salvage cars must pass what ever state it in the inspection prices for repaired title. Though you’ll never get it insured for the value of a clean title car.

The problem with modern exotic cars is there are plenty of other fish in the sea so many salvage title cars are over looked specifically because they are priced at or over the same price as other non branded title cars. And speaking of exotics specifically many sell at auction quite close to asking price for clean cars because, in my opinion, salvage dealers buy up the cars and part them out. Sure there are cars that slip thru and occasionally you can read about one in these forums but it is rare.

With all of the above said if I could get a salvage 360 or 430 with what I would call repairable damage for 30-40k I’d seriously consider it after an in person inspection. It would remove the stigma for driving and using the car for sure and I’ve been told the longer it is owned after repairs with good service records tends to soften the black cloud of the branded title though I doubt I’d ever sell it if it ever did happen.

4. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Who would marry a prostitute?

Afonsolaw likes this.
  5. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Yea so let me go marry a gogo dancer! Good luck with life buddy!