348 street legal Challenge asking price . | FerrariChat

348 street legal Challenge asking price .

Discussion in '348/355' started by Trungdung348, Dec 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Trungdung348

Trungdung348 Rookie

May 20, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Trung Ho
    Hi all ,

I own a 1993 , 348 street legal Challenge car for almost 20 years now and I wonder how much should be the asking price if I want to let it go . Red and tan interior .It was converted to Challenge spec in Miami , raced a couple times in the series . Sold to an orthopedic surgeon in Philadelphia and was used only as his track car for about 2 years . No major street nor track accidents . Lower front street spoiler was cracked and repaired and painted about 19 ys ago . Some minor cosmetic treatments will be required , mostly stone chips at front.

I have all the track and street parts : 2 racing seats , 2 street leather seats ( on car ) 4 magnesium Challenge wheels (on car) , 4 street wheels ,roll bar and fire extinguisher are In the car , brake duct , street and Challenge ( on car) exhaust systems .Engine was rebuild about 8 years ago . All belts were changed every 5 years and the last one was 3 years ago . I have all the service and repair records and car has not been on track since I owned it .

Currently car has less than 20 k miles and registered for street in California . Car drives perfect , exhaust sounds wonderful especially if you are at the receiving end . Over all it is a good car and deserved to be driven more .

What price do you think I could get for it ?.

Thanks everyone,

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    its hard to say. It's not a factory challenge car with the S/N in the series. But it has the right stuff. I would expect something in between the street car and the real challenge car. So, 60-70K?

Trungdung348 likes this.
  3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I suggest listing it in FerrariAds. It only costs $15 and comes with Silver membership.

Trungdung348 likes this.
  4. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Sorry your selling it. That's a very nice car
    I would get all the history and put it on consignment if you have time

Or list it here or on BAT

I would take it but I have too many challenges already. Let me know if you need a hand with it

Good luck
    Tim :)

5. Trungdung348

Trungdung348 Rookie

May 20, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Trung Ho
    Thanks guys for the advices . I have to think about what I want to get to replace this one first . 430 or 458 ?

dcurro1 likes this.
  6. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

We went shopping for both so many times but they just did not have much personality, looked at Mclarens also no luck

I bought a self driver as a daily for fun :)