NSX | Page 22 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Drive yesterday. Good time. Costco for gas - still really light, pull right in and fill up. Lady next to me says “fabulous car!”

Then found a hater. First one. On a back road and passed a BMW 5 series, nothing dramatic, clear passing zone. Guess he was offended. He pulled behind me, I figured he wanted pics or a look, but kept following me and was making obscene gestures. Next time I’ll call 911 and report road rage. Weird times.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Coffee shop today for a snack. So comfortable and easy to drive.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  2. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  3. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Yea NbyNW I get some hater action too up here around Detroit. UAW rank and file, or some fellow who wanted me to buy a Camaro, Viper, Mustang, or such. Get flipped the "bird" for no reason. Don't mind it when I earn it. ;)

NbyNW likes this.
  4. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Pininfarina only designed the HP-X concept car, which served as inspiration for the NSX design. The actual NSX was an in-house Honda design. However, Ken Okuyama (who later went on to be Creative Director at Pininfarina and the lead designer of the Ferrari Enzo) is credited for much of the NSXs design, along with a few others in-house at Honda.

5. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Boomhauer likes this.
  6. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Here are some later pre-production design sketches of the car. The pictured book is the NSX coffee table book given to potential USA buyers in 1990/1991, sitting on the trunk of my first NSX coupe!

ShineKen and Boomhauer like this.
  7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

cnpapa24 and Boomhauer like this.
  8. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes, but it sounds better when you say Pininfarina designed it. :)

9. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Touché!

10. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

sherrillt and Boomhauer like this.
  11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Plug in tune now available for the NSX. With sport cats and a new exhaust should pick up around 100 hp and be good for 10.5 seconds in the quarter mile in the low 130's. So for an extra $7k it's now as quick as a 488 or 911 TTS. Not bad considering the price they can be had.

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    seems risky to try tune a hybrid considering complexity, expense and warranty issues. much safer just getting a 488 or tts.

13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Considering I could buy an NSX twice for the price of a used 488 I’m going to have to disagree.....

14. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Of course that's true, I just wouldn't risk aftermarket tuning of a performance hybrid.

15. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Possibly thinking of moving from my F430 to the new NSX. Just not sure if it’s going to scratch that special feeling itch when driving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    it's 85 percent of the way but without all the worries of an Fcar grenading. and it's much faster. (i had a 360 stick)

17. jjveetec

jjveetec Rookie

Sep 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jon Pauler
    I read everything about the NSX because I've just made a decision to purchase one next year (hopefuly). For 2019 they offer 19%(front) and 26% (rear) stiffer suspension, better steering feel, better brakes...... Have you guys driven the 2019 NSX?

18. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Probably won't find many people that have driven both since so few 2019s...I read somewhere on somewhere that someone was talking to an acura guy who had driven both and they couldn't tell a difference. My thought is that unless you are on a track it won't be noticeable.

jjveetec likes this.
  19. jjveetec

jjveetec Rookie

Sep 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jon Pauler
    thank you so much for your answer. I'm planing to take to Nurburgring asap. I kinda gave up on the idea of buying a used one and going for the new 2019 model. I'll let you know if it feels different on the track

20. jjveetec

jjveetec Rookie

Sep 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jon Pauler
    jjveetec said:
    I read everything about the NSX because I've just made a decision to purchase one next year (hopefuly). For 2019 they offer 19%(front) and 26% (rear) stiffer suspension, better steering feel, better brakes...... Have you guys driven the 2019 NSX?
    Probably won't find many people that have driven both since so few 2019s...I read somewhere on somewhere that someone was talking to an acura guy who had driven both and they couldn't tell a difference. My thought is that unless you are on a track it won't be noticeable.
    I plan on taking this car to Nurburgring asap. I'll let you know how it does on track. I haven't driven the earlier version so it's hard to compare, but maybe I'll get my hands on the 2018 one before I get into 2019.... It might be interesting to compare them

F2003-GA likes this.
  21. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Sounds good. Let us know!

22. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

23. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have been following this thread and it has given me a renewed interest in this car. I am not sure what color I like best yet, but the blue and the red seem to make the cars lines stand out. There is a white one for sale not far from me, priced too high but I have no problem buying a car from other areas and having it transported. There are two at an Acura dealer in Fla, though I cannot seem to make sense out of why they are priced so differently. I should probably call but I don't like to waste peoples time unless I want to buy their car.

24. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    care to link? maybe we can help. I have matte black and it looks like the batmobile. I love it.