What you guys think about those 458 Speciales | FerrariChat

What you guys think about those 458 Speciales

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DingDIng, Dec 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which one would you like better?

1. 2015 White Speciale

2. 2014 Rosso Corsa Speciale

3. None of above, wait for a better deal

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DingDIng

DingDIng Rookie

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston tx
    I'm currently looking at two Specials. The first one is Rosso Corsa with NART , has most the options I wanted (less lifter), 3K miles which is good, seller told me the MSRP was $351k. The only think I don't like is a 2014 model. The second one is a white, I think this is a great color on 458 too, with really low millage - only 492, haven't found out the MSRP yet, but by looking at their online options sheet, I don't see the Rear view camera, parking sensors, and lifter.
    I plan to keep the car for a few years, and yes, I will drive it, maybe 1500-2000 miles per year. Which one you guys think has better options, and hold the value better, and which one would you choose?

Thanks in advance

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-458-Speciale/173691725589?hash=item2870d56715:g:wyEAAOSwkHxcFCYm:rk:2:pf:0&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Ferrari-458-Italia-2dr-Coupe-Speciale/264089701252?hash=item3d7cf90b84:g:IGgAAOSwJaxcFWv2:rk:17:pf:0&vxp=mtr

2. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Why don't you like the model year being a 2014? I would choose the red since I like the nart stripe. But the white with blk stripe is also an amazing spec

3. sunyatsen

sunyatsen Rookie

Oct 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven Chao
    What is your quote on the red one in Scottsdale? I think it's pretty important to have the lifter to be honest.

4. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    There is literally no difference between a 2014 model and a 2015. Ferrari starts building 2015 model year cars in July 2014 regardless, so they may only be a few months apart. Both cars would be out of warranty unless it got extended by the previous owner. Both cars eligible for the New Power Warranty.

Get what you like. Not the best deal. Of course within reason, but don’t sacrifice options that you really want just because another guy is willing to drop a few extra K in price.

You’re buying a super car after all, not a mutual fund.

Clay512TR and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. DingDIng

DingDIng Rookie

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston tx
    The red one doesn't have a lifter which I wanted. Yes, I agree with you - it's important to have it

Clay512TR likes this.
  6. sunyatsen

sunyatsen Rookie

Oct 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven Chao
    I like the red with NART stripe better though.

7. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Based on pics alone, I much prefer the white car.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Not really sold on either one but I would pick the 2015 of the two choices here.
    I am curious; what is the attraction of the Speciale? If you bought a 488 you could find the car and options that you want with a huge selection of cars to choose from. Also pay less than what the Speciale seems to be valued at to. While the Speciale would probably hold it's value better it is also a bigger investment. The 488 would be fast but civilized compared to the Speciale plus everything is new from tires to all the other rubber components in a car that deteriorate with heat and age.
    One example 2018 488 GTB grigio silverstone with black race seats and 307 miles. For 289k it seems like a steal compared to the 2015 Speciale pricing. There are over 90 GTB's to choose from and as you have seen the Speciale models are more scarce. Happy Hunting!

elevated velocity likes this.
  9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    492 miles might mean throwing away some money since there is a premium built into that price for the "delivery miles."

I like white better.

10. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I love the white one

11. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    I would not buy a 488 or a Pista, not a fan of the design, the turbo...does this make it a bad model, no it is just not the model for me. This is a personal choice and I did the necessary and sufficient research and inspections to make up my own mind. The Speciale checked all the boxes for me and I absolutely love the design and aesthetics/optics. I don’t care about the minor changes in performance or features as they don’t make me smile when I go in the garage...the Speciale does every time. I suggest you do the same due diligence and focus on what makes your heart beat faster and puts a smile on your face...buy that model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie traina and of2worlds like this.
  12. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    The red car is way better looking. No comparison. Plus white cars don't shine and I don't like black wheels.

13. HKE46Boy

HKE46Boy Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    RENN Spec
    All MY2015 Speciale comes with a longer carbon shift paddles.

obbob likes this.
  14. sunyatsen

sunyatsen Rookie

Oct 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven Chao
    Hi HKE46Boy, can you show me a picture of where the battery tender plugs in? I have been looking everywhere for it in the passenger compartment but I cannot find it. Thanks!

15. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Never actually realized that, learn something new!

For OP, good thing is that installing an extended carbon fiber paddle in a 2014 is cheap and easy. The paddle shifter is <$900 to buy, and it takes 10 minutes to install yourself with a simple screw driver.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    That's it, factory has dealer kit to add lifter, cost for kit+labor to install is about $11K, you can add the lifter to any 458 (Italia, Spider, Speciale).

It's the same exact item as if the car was ordered with that option...

call the selling (if Ferrari) dealer's service manager to arrange installation

17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I don’t think lifter is necessary, I have a 16M and just picked up a white Speciale...no lifter in either and it’s fine. On a Lambo, definitely need lifter.
    Color is huge for me and I looked only at white Speciales...In fact, I looked at that one you are considering but I wasn’t going to pay “extra” for low miles, especially when I’m going to be driving this car.
    As a point of market sales....
    Sub 2k miles ‘ask’ close to $400k
    3-6k miles sell for $340-350k
    10k miles can be had for $310k

Sent from my 16M

of2worlds and Solid State like this.
  18. DingDIng

DingDIng Rookie

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston tx
    #18 DingDIng, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    I can live without the lifter, as long as I get the combo I wanted. I only like red and white in Speciale. The white one is the only one I saw has low miles with a reasonable asking price. Talked to the dealer in Plano about the two red speciales they have, they offered 20k off their asking price, but I think the price are still high. I know a member here just bought a 100% clean, 5k miles, Rosso Corsa with Nart stripe 3 weeks under MSRP. I think the current market is soft for Specials, but seem like most the sellers are very optimistic about the price

Solid State and of2worlds like this.
  19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Just wait a few months post earnings and whatever else trumpy messes up.
    Lots of good inventory for buyers.

20. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    hard to beat the nart stripe. both look great though.

21. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    was that a private sale or dealer sale? private sales will usually be lower...

22. DingDIng

DingDIng Rookie

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston tx
    The dealer own the white one, the red is on consignment

23. Jamie traina

Jamie traina Rookie

Jul 6, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jamie Traina
    Under glove compartment

24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The white one appears to have only gotten a bid of $100k less than the ask without the reserve ever being met. Not as much demand as the other thread seems to indicate or do I just not get how ebay works?

25. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    It’s very rare that expensive cars sell on EBay. Most car sellers use EBay just for visibility.

Not many buyers willing to drop a few hundred grand on a car they’ve only seen pictures of unless they got such an amazing price that it cancels out the risk of getting a misrepresented car.