AZ to get Ferrari National meet in November 2019 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

AZ to get Ferrari National meet in November 2019

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Robb, Jul 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Hi everyone,

More information has been added to our official 2019 National Meet website @ http://www.fca2019.net/
    Navigate over and check it out.

Thanks,
    Stephen Gould
    FCA-DR Secretary
    2019 National Awards Chair

2. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Are there any possibilities for renting a Ferrari or other sports car for those of us coming from the East Coast??

Ken Goldman

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ken! What are you talking about? I'm driving the 612 there. Get out the 599 and we'll make it a convoy! :)

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Yeah or do what the motorcycle guys do ship the car and then drive it into town.

5. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    The national meet sounds like it is going to be fun! Great job setting up activities.

Nospinzone likes this.
  6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You can say that again.

When I saw the future schedule before the Watkins Glen/Corning meeting, I figured well we'll skip Scottsdale and go to the next one in Montreal. Then at the gala dinner in Corning they showed a video of what to expect in Scottsdale. My wife and I sat there and looked at each other and we both knew what we were thinking, we gotta go!

bball16 likes this.
  7. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal

The 1st time I have been to Scottsdale was this year dropping off my racecar to head to the EastCoast to race. I was very impressed with Scottsdale. SD is a very car intensive place and the area is clean, not congested for moving around or parking, and great restaurants too. Musical instrument museum is a must see. I loved it and I don't play any instrument. I think I will go to the meet especially to get onto the Apex track. I will probably break away and go flyfish the lower salt out of apache junction. I have never been there.

8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Curious as to fly fishing for what? (I've not heard of anyone fishing there)

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    This looks like a very cool meeting. Does anyone have any idea what the registration fee might be?
    Apologies if I missed it, but I did not see if on the above linked webpage.
    Thanks.
    T

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Are you thinking of coming through Texas on your way out to AZ?
    T

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I think a couple of us from Austin might be driving out together. Done that drive a few times. About 13 hours with fuel stops.

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Tom, they will post the registration and fees sometime in February. They typically have 3 levels of admission, F1, F2 and F3. F3 is a basic admission, F2 gives you access to all events, luncheons and the gala dinner, and F1 includes all of F2 plus track days. Last year in Watkins Glen we paid $595 each for F2. Since joining FCA 2 years ago we've been to the Daytona and Watkins Glen annual meetings. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed both.

I planned a tentative itinerary for going out and I can't seem to find it right now. We will take a more northerly route going out. My wife has never been to Nashville so we're going to spend a couple days there (we also have a friend there). We'll probably take I40 most of the way from there. Coming back we will take a more southerly route, but I don't know if it will be through Dallas or further south through San Antonio. It will start to be mid to late November so a lot will depend on weather conditions.

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great info. Thanks everyone.
    T

14. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So Brian, if you guys didn't stop for fuel you could probably do it in 7 hours! :D

15. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Its 1000 miles. I don't think the guys in the black cars with white doors would like that. Last trip I got pulled over for 95 in an 80 in Texas and smiled my way out of it but it wrecks the average speed.

brian.s and Texas Forever like this.
  16. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Great news, my son is attending ASU in the Fall so 2 great reasons to make it to AZ, can't wait!

17. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
  18. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A bunch of us from the Long Island Chapter booked the host hotel the day it became available. Now we are working on travel arrangements for our cars. It seems that it’s still a bit early for anyone to give us a definite price to get about 10 Ferrari’s there, but we are hopeful that we can work that part out. We all had such a great time in Corning that we don’t want to miss this one.

19. Toby Tyke

Toby Tyke Karting

Nov 15, 2017
    SoCal & Singapore
    Full Name:
    Toby Tyke
    I reached out to Intercity lines, Matt was very responsive. Already have price and space on Socal to AZ transport I just followed the link on the FCA 2019 meet website.

20. humriv

humriv Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Desert Hills AZ
    Guys if you need your car detailed when it arrives send me a message. My guy will come to your hotel and take care of it!

Caphill and Nospinzone like this.
  21. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Page 26 of FCA track event manual 2016....do you guys know that FCA purchased track insurance does not list participants as “additional insureds”. At least that is how I read it. Maybe that’s why the Ferrari Porsche gt crash ended with the Ferrari driver having to pay its part of the judgement. Is what I am saying true? SCCA for example lists participants as additional insureds so drivers have liability coverage.

22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I might take you up on that. I'm going to be driving my 612 from Massachusetts. We arrive at the Doubletree on the 5th.

When I drove it to Daytona 2 years ago it rained the day before the Concours so I had to get up at 5 AM the day of to clean the car. It was a job because it was filthy and it didn't get light until about 6:30 in the morning. I was still cleaning it while it was in the Concours area. That was a stressful experience, but presumably rain will not be a factor in Scottsdale!

23. humriv

humriv Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Desert Hills AZ

Here is his info for anyone interested.

Joey
    +1 (480) 269-1030

https://squareup.com/appointments/book/8JF5FQWPSHHC8/rcmas-d-llc

24. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Usually the event organizers have arranged for a mobile detailing service on site at the host motel.

25. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I drove the track yesterday at Apex Motor Club in my Lusso. Really impressed that the pulled this off! Cool track and layout. By the time the FCA gets there should be complete with Phase 1.

Nospinzone likes this.