2019 Morgan "Wide Body" Car | FerrariChat

2019 Morgan "Wide Body" Car

Discussion in 'British' started by 9nb, Dec 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Hey guys, I didn't see a thread for the new 2019 Morgan car that's suppose to bring on the new design language of Morgan. It is also the end of the BMW V8s in Morgans, they put up a farewell video on YouTube and the at the end of the video they tease the new car with engine revving and it sounds like the BMW F80 M3's 3.0 L S55B30T0 twin-turbo I6, what do you guys think?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/morgan-reveal-new-sports-car-fresh-platform-2019
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/morgan-reinvent-itself-high-performance-sports-car

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  4. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Where do you guys see the new design? All I heard was the tease in the video.

Matt

5. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    That silhouette is awesome so I'm glad they've been "inspired" by the Alfa's of the '60s.

6. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    The new design is detailed in the Autocar articles where the designers talk about the new design language and have a two sketches of the car

7. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Charles Morgan and designer Matthew Humphries made wonderful cars together, especially the Aeromax and their last Aero 8.

Humphries replacement isn't in the same league IMO and many of the new detail designs are in very bad taste. His replacement was a big heavy thing visually. Anything good about it was carried over from Humphries.

The Aeromax ordered by Humphries father is on sale - a nice bit of Morgan history : http://www.gallery-aaldering.com/collection/morgan-aeromax-desginers-choice-for-his-own-dad-mr-humphries-only-21-621-kms-first-owner-only-30-lhd-made-en/

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
  9. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Wonder if they will also drag "Lucas" electronics into the 21st century? :eek:

Now, gentlemen: let the Lucas jokes begin! :D

10. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I'm hoping that the car will be comparably lightweight to more mainstream cars and also US legal, it'll be interesting to see how much technology they'd include without ruining the old-fashioned nature of Morgans

11. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    They are referring to the second autocar magazine link.

it starts off by saying the design language will move forward into the E Type era, but Charles Morgan was doing this 20 years ago. Regardless of the family business dispute without him, I doubt todays Morgan would have as much credibility.

Morgan have had reliable drivetrains and electrics for decades.

12. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Thanks !

Matt

13. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    #13 davidoloan, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  14. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I had the pleasure of briefly working with Morgan on a potential case study. They are great people that seem to really enjoy what they are doing. I truly hope they don’t try to get “too modern”.