McLaren Chat? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

McLaren Chat?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Dec 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I like cast iron bath tubs

daytona355 likes this.
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #1 policy in the F1 forum on McLarenChat is NOT to bash Vandoorne :p

Jakuzzi and Nortonious like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If they have better now that Alonso has gone, let’s see them name the driver.... vandoorne is a tool, is Carlos Sainz their driver for next year?

4. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Did you not see Vandoorne outpaced his teammate at this past weekend's Formula E race?

(pay no mind to his teammate's DNF)

17th of 19 finishers. He just needs a little more Fanboost.

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I wouldn’t watch a formula E race if they dangled my bits in boiling oil

fil, Bas, tifosi12 and 3 others like this.
  6. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
  7. Automoblog

Automoblog Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Gino
    Funniest thing I've read in a while...Might get it tattooed somewhere lol

Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  8. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I understand, but they wouldn't use oil. Oil is burned out of sight in the back room to generate current applied to one's bits.

ingegnere and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You ain’t dipping them in currants afterwards either! Hehehe. Gives a new meaning to Hot crossed buns!

10. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I did not get the invite :( but I was able to sign up! ;)

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I actually watched parts of the Switzerland GP in Zurich. Mostly because it was my hometown with the S/F line directly outside my father's former office. So I had an interest. Boy, that lasted about 2 minutes. It is bizarre watching this procession of "R/C" cars. It really looks and feels like watching a race of R/C electric cars go by. Any emotional connection is severed. Maybe some millennials find this interesting and will support it but I will never like this one bit.

Some years ago there were "solarmobile races". That was equally boring and a non event.

ingegnere, stavura, Bas and 6 others like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

This is exactly the audience Formula E wants to capture !

Nortonious likes this.
  13. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Right. Manufacturer involvement (translation: $$$$$) plus youthful demographics and you've got a plan.

14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sorry but a slow turd will always be a slow turd..folks are not that stupid/bored to be interested:eek:

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What, people who’s knowledge of cars ends with the description of the Uber they should expect to pick them up? **** me, that’s a tough sell then

tifosi12, stavura and Bas like this.
  16. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    It's not helped by every race being on a street circuit.

ingegnere likes this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Formula E has gambled on organising the races in different environments than "conventional" motor racing.

It maybe that they don't want to have their lap times compared with other series ?

It's a different type of racing, of course, and may not please the die-hard purists.

Personally, I don't mind the lack of noise.

18. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Have to say that I find the electrical buzz/whine bloody annoying, so I turn the volume down on the TV for races!

(That also helps with the equally bloody annoying Bob Varsha and his lame input into the commentary!)

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually the fact that the race was in Switzerland (where motor racing is prohibited since the fifties, so how did this one get away? probably because it's electric) made it attractive to me. Even more so when they put in the middle of traffic congested Zurich. And in the summer, so they had everything going for them (read, they did everything right), yet the event is still boring. The fun part was the winner who took a dive into Lake Zurich from the podium. I'm guessing he misjudged the depth as he fell nearly to his death. Luckily he wasn't harmed. So much for the drama aspect of the "race".

daytona355 likes this.
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hehehe, was that cos he realised that he had just driven one of the most boring races of his life, won, and then discovered total spectator ship was in the tens of hundreds? Hehehehehe. I just can’t bring myself to even give it a try, when petrol motorsport is done, I’m guessing I will stick with vintage racing and road racing myself

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I was surprised too that a eGP took place in Zurich.
    Maybe the Swiss authorities thought that Formula E isn't proper racing, I wonder.
    As far as I understand, motor racing isn't banned in Switzerland, only circuit racing is
    Is that correct?
    Several competitions take place every year, like the famous St Ursane-les-Rangiers Hillclimb.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Correct. Only events where one car can touch another are prohibited. It was legislated after the tragedy at Le Mans in the fifties. So timed hill climb runs are perfectly legal. I participated in a few events myself but they were all single car runs against the clock.

That's why I was surprised they would allow the Formula E event since technically there are multiple cars (open wheels on top of that) on the track and there was a real risk one could get airborne and end up in the spectators. I'm guessing the electric motor vs gasoline (which doused a bunch of people at Le Mans and burned them alive) was part of the decision?

23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Maybe they just realised that formula E is hardly racing on the edge, they let Hornby sell Scalectrix sets, so why not let the 1:1 scale cars zoom about