599 owners....make an argument for your car | Page 4 | FerrariChat

599 owners....make an argument for your car

Discussion in '612/599' started by ross, Nov 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wegentop

Wegentop Rookie

Oct 11, 2015
    Full Name:
    J
    Thank you for the information.

I have noticed gto has the straight pipe instead of primary cat, that why I’m thinking to install this product as well.

I couldn’t find any owners review from installed this product which worries me; compare to other exhaust system available from the market, this seem very cost efficient way to upgrade the performance and the sound.

Makuono likes this.
  2. nota400

nota400 Karting

Nov 21, 2015
    I had the TUBI Test Pipes, same as the Fabspeed, installed a couple of years ago. Growls a wonderful exhaust note above 3500 RPM. Kept everything else "as delivered". Most importantly, no CEL and she passes NYS Safety inspection every year. A "no brainer" modification IMO.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup, the cat sensors are hooked up to the precats, not the primary cats, on late (575M, 612, 599) Ferraris, so the system does not give you CELs or overtemps. The exhaust is just way dirtier.

4. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi J , I did the install of the Fabspeed pipes myself. Easy job and they sound great. No CEL. Satisfied customer. Mike

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Wegentop- The GTO does not have straight pipes instead of a primary catalyst. It has 6-1 headers that dump straight into a primary catalyst and no precats in the headers. You can clearly see that in this parts catalog drawing with the primary headers in red and the exhaust sensors further down the line. The GTO exhaust is completely different from the 599 with its precats and primary/main cats. Catalyst technology has improved since the 599 was introduced in 2006. They warm up faster and do a better job of cleaning up the flow without producing as much back pressure.

So your justification for swapping out those cats does not hold water.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wegentop likes this.
  6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    This is an interesting thread. I went from a 456M automatic to a 360 manual and have no regrets. I wanted a sportier ride with the engagement of a manual, and it's perfect. HOWEVER, the 456M was my first Ferrari because front V12 Ferraris are what I think of as the real deal, and now I'm needing another one, so I'm looking at 612's and FF's.

I think the 360 and a 612 would be a perfect combo. :)

Makuono and Caphill like this.
  7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It's $10,000 for those OEM 6-1 headers! Thats before install.

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    George- Those headers will not fit a 599 without swapping out the entire exhaust system, which is way more than $10,000. There are alternatives that will fit a 599, though.

9. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Well I guess that's some kind of good news! Thank you, Terry.

Wegentop likes this.
  10. Autobahn-Outlaw

Jul 20, 2022
    Bayern
    Full Name:
    Klaus Meier
    As a new 599 owner, I like the videos and the arguments for the 599 GTB !
    And I want to push this up to new buyers, because it has significant information, if you search and want infos of the car.

For me, the main reason is the (GT)interior and the V12.
    The room in the car is real good for me, I am way over 6`large and only the 612 and the 599 fit me. The FF fits, too, but I wanted rearwheel drive only.

The second reason is the wild, powerful and high raving ENZO V12.

This engine alone is addicting and if you had other cars with high horsepower in the past or now, this beast has always to much power on regular streets !
    Nothing beats a 6.0l and 8500rpm engine N/A engine !
    You can cruise with 50 km/h or unleash all the power on the Autobahn, canyon or racetrack !
    The third reason for me, is, the 599 is affordable and reliable, if you can
    say this of any Ferrari...LOL
    But if you look at a Ferrari, you should know, cheap is NO option.

Have fun and WOT !!

11. BTX

BTX Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    France
    My argument : "Not for sale"