2004 360 rear window marring | FerrariChat

2004 360 rear window marring

Discussion in '360/430' started by Joeschiavon, Dec 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joeschiavon

Joeschiavon Rookie

Feb 22, 2012
    The two metal rear roof latches that secure top to car when top is up is hitting plastic window when placing top down and marring window.. Has anyone had this issue and direct me in right direction to have it repaired.

2. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Everyone has this issue and there is no real known cure. Some have tried putting microfiber towels into the folded roof mechanism to try and protect the window when stowed.

There are a number of detailing companies such as 303 that make plastic polish which can be used on the window to clear it up a bit. None seem perfect but they do help a bit.

Short of that you can replace the window but the problem will return.

3. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've put black adhesive felt over the two rectangular prongs that cause the issue. It must be the flexible type felt not the stiffer felt material used to protect wooden domestic floors from chair legs etc.

4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    There are elastic straps that are sewn into the top that cause the plastic window to bow away from the two metal prongs. When they get old, they loose their elasticity and the plastic window can bow the incorrect way and contact the prongs. You can try and have new straps sewn in, but once the widow starts to bow the wrong way it is difficult to get it to bow the other way. You may need to have a new window sewn in as well so that it will bow the correct direction.

mwstewart likes this.
  5. Joeschiavon

Joeschiavon Rookie

Feb 22, 2012
  6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    You can also push the window in the right direction with your hand (bowed to the rear, I think) as the top folds down. That's what I do. You can get rid of at least some of the marks using a clear plastic polish such as Meguiar’s.
    If the tabs left an impression, you might try using a hair dryer or heat gun to soften the plastic and try to smooth it back, but I've not done that myself.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat