Wanted - WTB: High mileage 360 Modena COUPE 6spd | FerrariChat

Wanted WTB: High mileage 360 Modena COUPE 6spd

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Bob H., Dec 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob H.

Bob H. Rookie

Dec 30, 2018
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Hello all. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Ferrari. I've settled on the 360 due to affordability, reliability, and looks.

I'm looking for a car that I can drive the wheels off of. It will see LOTS MORE use than your typical Ferrari sees, so high mileage is not a concern for me.. in fact, the way I look at it, a high mileage car has proven itself. Also, in addition to my desire to drive this car often, it will see plenty of track time. I know that these things will destroy the value to many future buyers, so why not buy one that's already depreciated?

All that said, I'm looking for a car that has solid maintenance records.

My only requirements are that it is a true manual shift and NOT a Spider.

Let me know what you have! Thanks!

--Bob
    [email protected]

2. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You might want to define what you mean by "high mileage", that is open to interpretation. Also might want to mention where you are located.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Hmm....what is your budget?

4. Bob H.

Bob H. Rookie

Dec 30, 2018
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. You're right, "high mileage" is subjective. Basically, mileage is irrelevant to me... I have yet to see a 360 with over 100K miles, although someone out there has probably done it..... I'm looking for a car that I can daily drive, so small defects are not a concern, but reliability is. Hence, any car with a funky title (rebuilt, salvage, etc) is most likely out unless there's really, really solid documentation on who did the repairs, etc.

I'm in Denver, CO. My budget is flexible... as you can tell I'm looking for a lower-priced car, but not necessarily because I'm a cheapskate; rather, I would rather leave the really, really nice examples to the folks who will pamper them (as they would deserve). My car won't be a garage queen, so I feel that it would be a bit cruel to the car if I started with a flawless example.

Thanks for the responses!

--Bob

VAF84 likes this.
  5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bob, not a stick shift but a friend of mine is selling a Silver Spyder 2001 360 that has 66k miles and he wants $60,000 for it,if interested please PM me, thank you.

6. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

The most recent and least expensive I’ve seen is the silver one BernardBohn posted a couple of weeks ago for mid to high $70’s.

Around that time there was another dark red one in the mid $80’s. Everything else has been over $90 from what I’ve seen.

You can always try a conversion on the F1. Find one in the 60’s, throw in another $20k and you have one for about $80k.

Good luck with your search!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

8. Bob H.

Bob H. Rookie

Dec 30, 2018
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The one that smin9870 had was an amazing deal. I wish I had been here 3 months ago.
    miketuason, thanks for the response, but a gated six speed is absolutely mandatory for me. Every vehicle I've owned for the last 25 years has been a manual shift; I see no reason to change that!

miketuason likes this.
  9. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    If you are open to yellow, I might have the right Modena for you:

Yellow with Black leather interior, 43k Miles, Lightly Modified to make it a truly enjoyable driver quality 360:

Challenge Grille ($1k)
    19" Challenge Wheels ($5K)
    Titanium Wheel Bolts ($1k)
    AP Headers ($2k)
    Hi-Flow Cats ($2K)
    Titanium Muffler ($3k)
    Lightweight Flywheel which is NLA ($1.5k)
    Brembo 380mm Front Brakes ($4k) w/SS Brake Lines

Major Belt Service just completed in Nov 2017 @ 42k. Regular Annual service, and all Service records since 2006 and 3K Miles. No Accidents, Clean CarFax. This 360 runs super strong! Books, Toolkit, Keys and I have ALL the stock parts which ARE included.

Bob H. likes this.
  10. Bob H.

Bob H. Rookie

Dec 30, 2018
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Intersting.. pics please?

11. Bob H.

Bob H. Rookie

Dec 30, 2018
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That's a pretty car! I like the yellow piping on the seats...

Would be interested in knowing location and asking price. PM or email me directly if you desire. Thanks.

12. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    Pretty car SammyF, what are you looking to get for it? I seem to remember it in SF Craigs a while back.

13. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Yeah, that was my half-hearted attempt awhile ago... this is still a half-hearted attempt because I really don't know what I'd replace it with. Don't want to violate forum rules as I let my subscription lapse, so PM me if you want a price.

14. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    I apologize guys, I had no idea there was a rule for that. Bob H, good luck on your hunt, I hope you find what you are looking for! Sammy's sure looks nice.