F12 Sports Seats Diagram | FerrariChat

F12 Sports Seats Diagram

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by somi talwar, Dec 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. somi talwar

somi talwar Rookie

Dec 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    somit talwar
    The driving position on my F12 with sports seats is a bit low for me. I have been digging around on how to raise the seats and it appears that there are only two options - (1) replace seats with new ones that have the seat lifter factory installed or (2) put some spacers and longer bolts. Just wondering if anyone has the seat diagrams to figure out bolt specs, to purchase longer ones prior to starting to take out the seats.

2. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I have done this before but I don't have the specs on the bolts. I had to tilt it for a customer and tapered spacers did the trick.
    They should be allen bolts. I have a great place near me that i can buy good hardware and I just when and bought what I needed.

3. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Sorry to inject myself into this thread, but when you remove the seats to change the position, is it necessary to unplug the battery in order to unplug the seats? The workshop manual says to do this and I understand it is necessary when dealing with engine/ECU/or major electrical work.

4. somi talwar

somi talwar Rookie

Dec 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    somit talwar
    I need to raise about 1.5” and so need spacers. Probably get a few different sizes to get the height and tilt right. I was looking at the partslist and looks like its 8 x M8x33. Not sure about the pitch. Will take one off to measure.

I was planning on disconnecting the battery as recommended. Pretty easy thing to do.

5. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I did not turn off the battery when I removed the seats. I had no issues.

6. somi talwar

somi talwar Rookie

Dec 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    somit talwar
    Cool. Will work on it this weekend and let all know how it goes.