NSX | Page 23 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I wouldn't do it. I traded my R8 V10 for an NSX and wish I had kept the R8. No way I would give up my 430 for an NSX. Maybe because my R8 and 430 was/is a convertible.
    Don't get me wrong....it's a great car....very fast super high tech but it just doesn't do it for me personally.

Sent from my Galaxy

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Drive the other day and came up on a flock of pheasants. Not real common for Maryland, but I see them around this area. Went to Quiet mode / EV and drove up on them silently. Pretty cool and beautiful birds.

Few minutes later launch control and those magical downshift. Crazy. Much more digital / high tech than the F430 being discussed. I chose digital / high tech supercar and not looking back.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Cool! I've never seen those here, guinea fowl, sometimes.
    T

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've seen a black NSX here in DFW. Not matte though. Twas bad a$$ looking!
    T

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    The dealership is Napleton's Palm Beach, after a closer look I see why one is more expensive.

6. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Good luck getting a 488 into 10.50s

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  7. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Any ideas what they lease for these days and the kind of mileage allowed?

8. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    No idea about leases right now but you can pick a mileage allowance. I went with 5K per year. Even if you go over, excess mileage is cheap...10 cents per mile!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    The nearest one to me is a white one at Porsche of the Main Line, they know me well there so maybe they will let me drive it even if they know I probably will not buy it. I have 3 white cars now, and 3 silver/grey cars, 2 reds 2 dark blues would really like to get a blue (i like that color blue) one. Seems they all have the technology package, seems certain wheels come with carbon fiber rear spoiler, and outside of carbon fiber bits ( I am way past the CF stage), anything else important to have. I tend to move quickly, I do want to drive one again first though.

10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I like the full leather seats. Others like the alcantera inserts. Your choice. The spoiler is a separate option from the wheels. CCBs and painted calipers look and work great. Steel brakes work fine too. Mine has most of the carbon and no spoiler. I’ve seen lots of different combos with carbon. Some don’t have the tech package - look for the sat receiver on the roof. I wanted it for sat radio. Good option to combine with other streaming services and Apple CarPlay.

11. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Given your lineup I think a test drive won't be a problem.

Sat Radio nice to have, but I'm too cheap to pay for it regularly. I use Spotify instead. I have leather and alcantara, I like the alcantara. Also have the interior CF package but it's only two pieces. I could live without that. Also have CF spoiler. I'd probably have taken the care in base trim without anything fancy but I got a better deal this way buying the car on the showroom so that's how I did it. Aren't any 'must haves' as there is no option for lift kit or folding mirrors.

12. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Waiting for weather to improve so you can do another 'photo car trip'... more interesting than the car itself, IMO. :)

13. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sat radio was nice when out west where cell coverage was spotty. With so many other options for music it’s not a must have when close to civilization. Not sure if I’ll renew.

14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I definitely agree. That was such a fun road trip. Timing will be interesting this year. We’re supposed to go to Italy in July so depending on timing and what we end up doing (cost), we may have to skip the road trip this year. Weather out there makes timing tight.

15. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I do like the carbon engine cover and roof. The rest I could live without. CCBs add a nice touch.

16. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

One reviewer on utube was critical of 130R White. He asked why Acura put random numbers and a letter before the white...?
    I quizzed NSX specific sales people/managers when looking and most had no clue. Sad.

17. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    LOL!

When we had the sales training on it, the source of the names was not mentioned at all. So, I guess it helps to have been a lifelong F1 fan.

18. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    Mine has the parking sensors (comes with the upgraded hifi and nav). I would recommend that option. I also got the upgraded brakes, alcantara headliner and electric seats.

19. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
  20. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I too like the full leather seats, I have alcantera inserts on my AMG GTS and one of my 911's. I have found two whites cars and the blue one, one of the white cars in pretty loaded. That does not include the white one near me, which is priced around 12K too high. The prices though seem to vary considerably which I find odd since there are not many for sale and it should be pretty easy for dealers to see what they are priced. One car 122K with lots of options, another 25K more with less options mileage close.

21. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

You have to use their pics to figure out most of the options. What I found when looking. Even when talking to them it wasn’t easy. Copy of the sticker is best.

22. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI

Carnut - Morrie: Just as info :(

You may wish to spend a few moments reviewing these threads from NSXPrime concerning possibly doing business with that P B, FL, Acura dealership.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/207681-NSX-Recall/page2

Special attention to post numbers 37, 55, 58 (!), 76 (!), 89 (!), 93, 132 (!), and 136. And the resultant thread -

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/208463-Napleton%92s-Acura-West-Palm-Beach-sucks-877-363-2817

23. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Okay thanks, I will have a look.