360 Spider - Convertible-to-Body Protective Film (?) | FerrariChat

360 Spider - Convertible-to-Body Protective Film (?)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Eggman, Jan 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eggman

Eggman Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Full Name:
    Mr. P
    Hello, all. I was wondering if there is a removable film/protective product that can be applied between where the convertible top meets the body? I had a full corrective detail done on her recently which removed all those fine line scratches, and would like to keep it that way. It looks perfect with the top down, but don't want to raise the top as a result.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
    Eggman
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    My F430 Spider has Llumar PPF on the Capote Cover and Flaps...as well as 70% of the rest of the car.
    It seems to work very well.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I have Expel Ultimate Plus protective film installed on my 2003 360 Spider. I do not have it installed under the rear edge of the top but do not see any reason why you could not have it installed. My installer used sheets of the product so each covered panel was custom installed. I can also attest to the benefits of current self-healing capabilities.

4. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano

Eggman, Xpel would work beautifully imo. Undetectable and provides excellent protection.

5. eskanday

eskanday Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    I have SunTek PPF on the cover of the top to protect the paint from the top rubbing against the cover. It works well and you can't see it.

6. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    When I had paint correction and PPF done I specifically asked for that area to be covered. I believe it was Expel film.

Sent from my Galaxy