Great News for the New Year...812 Superfast | FerrariChat

Great News for the New Year...812 Superfast

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by JMJ, Dec 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What is the general concensus of the Roundel reduction to 50cm?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2020.
  1. Way better

64.3%
  2. Should be larger

14.3%
  3. Should be smaller

21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    #1 JMJ, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2019
    Been wrestling with about 25 different historical variants for my new 812 since July.
    Had my better half, digitally photoshop and specced for about 2 months in advance of the Atelier appointment at Ferrari NY.

Since this is my only car, as I live in Manhattan, I wanted it to be special, but still balanced, as a daily driver. I outruled painted numbers, but retained Bianco Avus Roundells for historic relavancy to the Drogo I was referencing. Argento Nuerburgring, and North American Racing Team Blue round out the Livery.

I opted for Daytona seats with white leather trim striping. Someone in Italy, removed the stripe on the seat back, wisely, but retained the other details on dash without my consultation. For this I am grateful, as their eye was able to see what I couldn’t... Bravisimo!

We only reduced the roundels from what you see to about 5% to 50cm.

Ferrari 812 Superfast

Argento Nurburgring Exterior Color
    Blu NART Striping
    Bianco Avus Roundels

Blu Sterling Interior Color

Standard Black Carpet Color

DAYT
    Daytona Style Seats - 812SF

CALY
    Brake Calipers in Giallo Modena - 812SF

RSFR
    Matt Black Forged Racing Wheel Rims - 812SF

LOGO
    Scuderia Ferrari Shields on Fenders - 812SF

RPMY
    Rev Counter in Yellow - 812SF

BVEN
    Black Ring on Dashboard Vents - 812SF

STC2
    Colored Special Stitching - 812SF
    . White

EMPH
    Embroidered Prancing Horse on Headrest - 812SF
    . White

CLDT
    Colored Inner Details - 812SF
    . White

LEDS
    Carbon Fiber LEDS Steering Wheel - 812SF

ELEV
    Suspension Lifter - 812SF

AFS2
    AFS - Adaptive Front Lights w/ SBL Function - 812SF

PAC3
    Front & Rear Parking Camera - 812SF

SNDB
    Hi Fi Premium System - 812SF

PDIS
    Passenger display - 812SF

BAG3
    Rear Shelf Leather Bags - 812SF

Delivery & Handling - 812SF

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    It really turned out well! Congratulations! Now the wait begins. Any idea when it will arrive?

JMJ likes this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very nice! Congratulations!

Two thoughts:

1- The ceiling appears to be in Alcantara. Since you don't have Alcantara anywhere else, it seems a little bit out of place to my eyes. I would either do the entire upper area in Alcantara or do it all in leather. You could also do the footwells in nero Alcantara.

2- The shields, I think the enamel shields are a little bit small for the 812- its very expensive, but I suggest the painted shields, I think it would fit your spec very well.

The waiting will be difficult, but very much worth it! Congratulations again!

4. ebw001

ebw001 Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    +1 on the painted shields, think they would look great on a historical spec like this. Love it though, hope the wait isn’t too painful!

JagShergill and JMJ like this.
  5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats Looks to be a great spec Enjoy in good health

JagShergill and JMJ like this.
  6. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Personally I'm not a huge fan of the painted shield, I went for the regular ones on my car.

Waiting for my car to get to New Jersey now...

RayJohns and JMJ like this.
  7. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    Been told March or April,

8. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    #8 JMJ, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Id have to agree on the sizing, but my better half thinks that the ceramic like standard ones, have a more substantive look, whereas the painted ones may seem like a decal, especially under an Expel coating. She also wanted a luggage set, and passenger display, To make her happy.....but yes the larger shields are very, very, cool. Something very nice about the inset ones on my 2016 F12 the way they are inset into the fender.

Gonna do some decal numbers 77 or 13 depending on my mood, within the roundels

9. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I like the larger one on the hood but the 50 on the door.

I think the enamel shields work best on the F12 because of the space on the Aero Bridge. On the 812, the fender is huge and the enamel just look too small to my eyes. The painted don't look cheap and they look about the right size for the fender. The painted will match the color of the wheel caps and brake calipers. They told me the enamel process somehow shifts the color of the yellow so it has a little bit of green and thus, not a perfect match, wheres the painted will match. I also think your roundels make the enamel look a bit too small. Just some feedback. I love that your wife wants the display and luggage, it means she is engaged in the process with you. That's fantastic! You won't go wrong, this is a really nice spec whatever way you go with these choices.

TSOYBELIS, JagShergill and Bundy like this.
  10. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J

Have to agree wit you, if no delay may opt for black leather, although the ceiling lack Alcantara is minimal in the cabin anyway, my eyes are always on the road ahead...
    been told Mar April, all parts have been gathered delay was deciding my own size for roundels

11. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J

the size is a bit small, but at this point with paintwork costing out like a new Mercedes or BMW coupe, and wanting to get the car by spring I gotta close this out. I wanted a basic car, but theres so much nice stuff to order I kinda went overboard, but you only live once!

12. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I know what you mean, I've gone in thinking I would order a fairly basic spec and walked away with something much more! I agree with you, you only life once, and these are very special cars. The charge for the painted shields is high, I just wanted to share some thoughts that went through my mind, I think the car is fantastic!

13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I love the idea of taking a historic car and interpreting it for the V12s. I did the same (see thread link below). The car and scheme you chose is a great one, there are some unique details on it. Of course it’s your car and you don’t need to stick faithfully to it, it’s an interpretation after all. The things I noted are that the number font is really nice and the top of the 7s sits outside of the roundel. Also, there is no roundel on the bonnet/hood.

You will see from my car that I chose the painted shields - when you see it in person it is stunning, especially on the 812 and for a historic design. My car cost a whole lot more than I expected (it was my first TM) and I tried to value engineer it but ended up at an even higher spec! In the end the whole thing is a lot of money so a little extra to feel completely satisfied with the result is worthwhile. It comes down to what you prefer - painted or enamel?

For what it’s worth I might consider:

-Roundel size, whichever works best with those numbers peeking out of the top

-Removing the hood roundel as per the picture you showed

-Adding the painted shield (removing the roundel on the hood should save a little to contribute to this)

But in the end, make sure you are settled with your final choice. These are only details around the edges - yours will be a lovely car.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-has-a-new-grey-our-812-tm-experience.572094/

JagShergill, Caeruleus11 and JMJ like this.
  14. ebw001

ebw001 Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    Ah I see, and to be honest that’s the best reason there is to not splurge even more on the shields. I know all too well about making the lady happy. could be worse though, eh? It’s cool that your wife’s involved, unless it’s a g wagon mine doesn’t give too much input.

I think numbers would be a nice addition and just coincidentally, I’d use 13 too. As for the roundels I do like the reduction. I think this is going to be a great car when it turns up. I won’t be disappointed when my rosso corsa 812 lands but this will be a close 2nd favorite

15. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Beautifully done! I really like it.

I also opted for the painted shields and am very happy with them. My paint design is much simpler and you’ve already got a lot of detail with the stripe and roundels. So, I think one could easily argue that maybe less is more in this case, both aesthetically and financially. :)

Congratulations! You’ll love the 812.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and JMJ like this.
  16. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    Absolutely Love your ride...especilly the paintwork. to be honest I think your stripe, while not flared as original is perfect for the 812

. the 70th F12s with the flared hood stripe didn't really go with the car, so I'm impressed with your choice must have taken some time. . I too could have done the electric Blue cloth, and metal flooring, but it seemed out of character given the updated 812 interior, The hood roundel almost came off, but I liked the symmetry of all 3, and there are others in black and white photos depicted that way. These were near impossible, with the F12 as well, due to the hood scoop. I will as suggested get some oversized 77's and decal them on, when not on the highway. Wouldn't want to get mistaken by a trooper as part of a Gumball Rally, but ok for cruising around Southampton, or Malibu...

Lukeylikey likes this.
  17. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Ha, I also went for the $15k worth of luggage. Should be interesting to see.

JMJ likes this.
  18. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    +1 :)

19. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    Had mine done with the 812 SUPERFAST stitching, on one side, the metal horse on the other check that your is being done this way or it might not say 812. Seemed that it was something I had to request, it took weeks to approve as well. JJ

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    March, been told

21. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So nice, that is insane! Can't wait to see pictures.

JMJ likes this.
  22. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    It's a little late as the car is on the water on it's way to the states. I'll post pics when I get the car.

JMJ likes this.
  23. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    love that someone else got luggage...thought I might be the only one.

24. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Luggage is pretty rare. Will be interesting to see what it looks like, that's for sure.

JMJ likes this.
  25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I really love the spec ... I am very surprised would love to see pictures when it comes... the car looks truly fantastic

JMJ likes this.