IS IAG reputation any better? | FerrariChat

IS IAG reputation any better?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by dogdoc97, Mar 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Old post in 2008 said a poster did not have a good experience, have things changed? dogdoc

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    what is IAG?

3. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Niagara Falls International Airport

4. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    I believe International Auto Group. Have not had any dealings with them. Although, the website looks good.

http://www.iagmotors.com/

5. mavmoto

mavmoto Rookie

Apr 26, 2012
    I am a dealer in the Miami area and just bought a 1962 M/B 190 SL from these really bad guys at IAG Motors in Pompano Beach for a client of mine... its guys like these that give the auto industry the Sleezy reputation that it has.....the car was described as freshly restored, fresh paint, new chrome, super clean driver. Being a dealer with honor and integrity and assuming(my mistake) that they had some,knowing we are neighbors(miami and pompano bch) i bought the car without looking at it (wait dont laugh at me yet). The car shows up at my place on a flatbed (that i sent to pick it up) and it was a complete ABORTION!!!!! It was missing the chrome rocker moldings on both sides, missing eyebrow moldings from all four fenders, the chrome trim rings on the rims were all beat up dented and scratched, the paint WOW dont even know what to say about the paint except that my six year old could do a better job with a roller. how IAG Motors can represent a 15000 dollar whore as a 60000 dollar lady(especially to another dealer let alone a retail customer) almost defies reality.IAG Motors in pompano beach has absolutely No Honor and ZERO Integrity. So i call them up and say "Are you guys Kidding me" and proceeded to list the items that were completely unacceptable on this vehicle. at which time i was told it was my fault for rushing them(do you believe the BALLS on this guy) and that they would make it right. I tell u people when i made my deal he said new chrome windshield is being installed as we speak and car will be ready Friday... the car got picked up the following Wednesday (but i rushed him) any way the saga went on for two more weeks and the car will need to be properly restored. I asked them for my money back and was told that when he sold it he would give it to me. I am picking up my car today and will sell it myself thank you (after doing a proper restoration) these guys at IAG Motors In Pompano Beach FL are BLATANT CROOKS. The two Owners Artie and Stuart Siegle both suffer from Napoleonic complexes(standing six feet tall if you stacked them) will mislead you and then tell you its your fault and take no responsibility for their actions or behavior. BUYERS BEWARE STAY AWAY FROM IAG MOTORS !!!!!!IAG MOTORS should give a Gallon of VASELINE with every Purchase

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    IAG sucks. Stay away. Have had two friends get ripped off by them. Took months of heartache and difficult litigation to get them refunds.

Do not deal with them.

7. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    It sounds like everyone should stay away from IAG.
    As neighbors, next time you will probably take the time to drive from Miami to Pompano. Live and learn.

8. MauriM

MauriM Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Stuart and Arthur Siegle! IAG or Great Dane Motorsport now. Just looked at two Ferraris 308 they offer for sale on Ebay and Craigslist: ZFFUA13A4F0058065 and ZFFAA02A4A0031987. Beautiful pictures online but the reality is different! They supposed to be in excellent condition.... both cars did not want to start! faked service books. Watch out!! These guys are BAD!!

Great Dane Motorsports
    500 South Dixie Hwy East
    Pompano Beach, Florida 33060
    954-532-0157

9. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    They are operating from a shed. No website. Who in their right mind would buy an expensive car from there.
    Their only sales outlet would appear to be Ebay.

10. MauriM

MauriM Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yup, that place was a big mess!!

11. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Go to gaaclassiccars.com and check the auction results from their July 2018 sale. Just about all the Ferraris that sold at that sale were from IAG - and then IAG is no more. My guess is a bank providing the financing had to liquidate IAG’s inventory after they went belly up. Now they have reopened as Great Dane? Can anyone down in Florida who knows comment on what happened here?

12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    They've always been shady. I hope they're out of business for good.

Texas Forever likes this.
  13. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    Hate to resurrect an old thread, but glad I found it. I was looking at a 308 dry sump these guys are selling. Pictures looked good, and it had a recent PPI from Tim Stanford Foreign Cars in Fort Lauderdale, with all issues (seemingly minor) having been addressed. However, the allegations of falsifying records gives me pause.

This would be my first F-car, so I am at a deficit with regard to knowledge here. I was told car is matching numbers and all correct. Can anyone recommend a local expert to check the car and all documents for validity?

14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Tim Stanford is the best in south Florida for that model Ferrari. I would call him to discuss the car in question.

GatorFL and Texas Forever like this.
  15. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Since there were no US market dry sumps you should insist on an unbroken chain of ownership, import documents, EPA/DOT releases, etc. Make sure it was born a dry sump. There’s nobody better than Tim to do a PPI but there’s a lot more involved in a car like this than just its physical condition, especially when dealing with a questionable seller.

Since IAG apparently no longer has a web site may I ask how you found out about the car?

16. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    Of course. Nothing to hide. It is on Hemmings.

17. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Are these the guys who ran Autosport USA behind Champion down Pompano years ago?

18. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Springsteen drummer Max Weinberg says South Florida vintage car restorer stole $125,000 from him

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Bruce Springsteen’s drummer, Max Weinberg, is suing the owners of a Florida car restoration company, saying they stole $125,000 by falsely promising him a like-new 1957 Mercedes-Benz and then using his money for personal expenses.

Weinberg is seeking $375,000 from Arthur Siegle, members of his family and their Investment Automotive Group Inc. in a lawsuit filed Sunday in Palm Beach County.

In a 2022 report filed with the lawsuit, Detective Scott Schaefer wrote that his investigation showed that after receiving Weinberg’s money, the Siegles deposited nearly all of it into personal accounts with almost $50,000 covering credit card and other personal payments.

https://wsvn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wsvn.com/entertainment/springsteen-drummer-max-weinberg-says-south-florida-vintage-car-restorer-stole-125000-from-him/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQGsAEggAID#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=17013049224134&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwsvn.com%2Fentertainment%2Fspringsteen-drummer-max-weinberg-says-south-florida-vintage-car-restorer-stole-125000-from-him%2F

19. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    Pierre Hedary, the expert cited in the article, is the best in the business for classic Mercedes. I have always used his services in maintaining my older SLs. Very knowledgeable and above all honest.