Daily Driven FFs | FerrariChat

Daily Driven FFs

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by JuniorGTR, Jan 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JuniorGTR

JuniorGTR Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jr
    So how are these cars doing when driven often/daily.
    Any specific years to watch out for in terms of known problems.
    What are the known problems, if any.

Thanks
    Jr

2. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Search: ttforcefed

Sonicsound likes this.
  3. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    Mine is driven daily without any issues. The odometer crossed 34k miles a week ago and only has required scheduled maintenance. We have repaired bent wheels on average once a year but that is to be expected with the poor roads in Atlanta.

Our family of four has really enjoyed the car and is used for everything except dog transportation.

4. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    I had a 2016 for about 3 years with 15k miles and was my daily for 4 seasons in Chicago. Amazing car with very little issues. I ran into some random errors getting thrown at me here and there. Just turn off the car and its back to normal. Really solid car in the snow even better than my range rover for traction. Skip the pano roof in my opinion. You like it for a couple of weeks, you show your friends and then in a couple of weeks you are boiling in summer.

ScottS likes this.
  5. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Added almost 15,000 miles in past 2 years. Doing great. One bent rim. No mechanical issues. Just routine maintenance. Our example is from 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Also try just searching at all, lots of topics on this in here, get anything 2015+

yamashek likes this.
  7. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Surely a 2015/16 would be better for many reasons than a 12/13..Is there any real differences between the 13/14s and 15/16s?

yamashek likes this.
  8. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    Most have glass roof as they were a no cost option in 16. Better infortaiment system in the 16s. All the bugs ironed out.

9. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    My wife got hers 3 months ago and has over 3kmiles on it already.
    Has Winter tires on and so far in he only thing she does is fill it up and wash from time to time.
    The plan is to keep it as long as it has the warranty.
    Car is very easy and practical for daily use, she takes it to Whole Foods, etc, folks don’t pay any attention to it.

10. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I've had my FF for about 3 months now. Put on almost 2k miles. Loving it. The car can do anything, very comfy, if you step on it, she becomes another animal... Can drive it daily no problem. Most people don't know what it is, so it's very incognito. Until they hear the engine of course. But it doesn't garner attention like other exotics. It's really awesome. Just had the battery die which is a *****. So if you buy one, I'd suggest you change the battery if it's an old one. Other than that, it's been great.

iloveferrari and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I saw a car in for service with radiator issues from the winter salt/ chemicals. You should look out for that.

Bundy likes this.
  12. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Only issue I had after 3 years of ownership was the seat belt extender, it kept locking up. I don't think its specific to a year or model.

Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  13. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I had forgotten but I had to replace the driver-side seat belt extender on mine, too.

ScottS and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. ml321

ml321 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    London/Munich
    Mine is on about 62k km now - I did more than 50k of those during a little more than 3 years.

Overall it performs very well, loads of snow can be a bit of an issue due to clearance, but generally very competent in winter. Clearance is generally not great due to long wheelbase - can bottom out on parking garage ramps etc

The screws in the brake discs are rusting a bit as is pretty much all the mesh.
    Throws various warning lights regularly, but they seem to have no effect so tend to ignore them nowadays/reset the car
    Had 2 gearbox repairs, so would recommend a warranty

So far best car I have owned, dog fits, snowboard fits etc - perfect

15. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    The battery tender location. I think starting 15, it is conveniently located at outside the trunk.

Is it 15, guys? Or 14?

16. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    so better infortainment, and more importantly battery tender relocated which seems to be very important.

17. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    The trunk location of the battery tender hookup on our 2012 FF is admittedly a pain.

18. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Must be 15, my 14 still has it in the trunk.

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    on a 2012 you can just have the panel modified so it stays in place for the tender - not a big deal
    most tender access points are in hidden pia areas

iloveferrari likes this.
  20. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    I drive mine daily as well. Small issues with it, like the passenger seat belt extender failing twice, the front lift pump failed once and a dead battery (my fault).

I have the lift and the pano (two options I would get for sure).

Love the car. It's funky but still Ferrari and it looks Ferrari. I know someone above says people don't notice it, boy, that's not my case. I don't get the lookers as we do when I'm with my sons (McLaren 570GT and Ferrari 488), but still a lot. Sometimes I grab the Gwagon, just so I don't stand out :cool:

21. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Bundy, otakki, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  22. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Whats inside that keeps the ff and a g wagon out?

350MH83 likes this.
  23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My business partner ran his new FF from 0 to about 90K kms in ~2.5 years. Had a gearbox fault come up and Ferrari replaced it under warranty. Wasn't sure if box was broken but they replaced it anyhow.

Great car, small fuel tank for it's thirsty V12 was his only real complaint.

For Pre apple car play FF's, is it possible to connect an ipod with spotify or so on it via the USB? Or an android phone? To play music of course.

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes you can stream spotify once you select the device

Bas likes this.
  25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas