Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by VHlambo580, Nov 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    They are telling me that standard colors will come quickly, that metallic colors other than RP are delayed “at least” 30-60 days, and RP is on indefinite hold. The dealer can’t tell me anything that Ferrari can’t tell them. If I knew I could get one of the other metallic reds (Rosso Fiorano or Rosso California) by end of April, I’d wait. But I suspect they will just tell me that they can’t know for sure and that it could be longer. I don’t want to miss most of the good driving season (which only goes until October at best here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Your dealer seems to have better information than mine. Would you mind asking your dealer-at your convenience-what category Verde British falls into? It is a historic/non-metallic color.

3. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    As a non-standard color, I believe it will fall in the “delayed but not impossible” category. My dealer says they have gotten notice that a build has started on one of their non-Portofino cars in Rosso Fiorano. In light of that, and the fact that it was one of the colors I had near the top of my list, we’ve switched mine from RP to RF. If they start doing the build this month, then I’ll be fine since delivery in April would be OK with me. If we get near the end of January with no word, we’ll re-evaluate.

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Thanks.

5. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    So my September Portofino in rp slipped from September to December now have been told it’s definitely March build April delivery. Firm date.(?)

6. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Interesting, since my dealer is saying his factory rep is still claiming indefinite hold on RP.

7. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Verde British is a Historical Colour. I think the main problems with the paint are the metallic / multi-layers paints. I would be surprised if Verde British fits into either of these categories as it is a solid colour.

8. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    My guy has said that anything that isn’t a standard color has been delayed. But it frankly sounds like the factory is struggling overall and may not even be giving consistent answers to everyone. We’ll see whether the change to Rosso Fiorano gets mine into the production queue over the next few weeks...

9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    We have some movement! Spoke to a reputable Ferrari dealer in the UK just before Xmas and some of his customer cars in Rosso Portofino were in production. Also, I've been quoted April/May delivery for mine by HR Owen. There could of course be further delays but it's the first time they have given me a (somewhat) firm date. I guess the real proof is when we see more pics of customer cars in RP colour coming off the line.... any updates from others appreciated!

tommygun64 likes this.
  10. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    Hi Karl
    Good news! May i ask, when did you place your order and also what was your original production slot (September?)
    Thanks

11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Ordered & paid deposit Aug '17. Delivery time has moved around a bit... initially told Oct 18, then Jan/Feb 19....now April/May 19.

If it gets more delayed I'm considering a Lambo Hurcan Evo instead!

Russ123 likes this.
  12. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    I agree much more delay I am going with the Lambo as well.

13. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    My dealer in Houston, Texas let me know that they have been told production of Rosso Portofino cars should begin in March but can not give a firm date on mine ordered Nov. 2017. Overall good news as they are planning production soon.

tommygun64 likes this.
  14. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    Was just at the factory-
    Observed the RP on the assembly.

Caeruleus11 and tommygun64 like this.
  15. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Whoop! Thanks!

16. Jay Pierce

Jay Pierce Rookie

Oct 28, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jay Pierce
    PP
    Please advise me if the RP is a triple layer paint. I have read sources on-line that refer to it as a triple layer and I have spoken to the Ferrari
    dealer in Houston, Texas and they state it is not a triple layer

17. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Just an update since I started this post. Since I changed my color to RM my car has flown through the line and is not stage 90 on a boat to me! 30 days or less the car will be mine!

tommygun64 likes this.
  18. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Congrats. This jives with what I’ve been told, namely, since they haven’t been able to produce the non-standard colors, anything that is standard is being brought to the front of the line.

19. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Does the non standard include all metallic paints?

20. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    That is what I have been told, but as I mentioned earlier, I've also been told that metallics other than RP are being done, it's just been slow. Now, however, several people are saying that they've been told RP production will start in early spring. I haven't been told that, but I switched to Rosso Fiorano and we are waiting to see if it enters production.

21. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
  22. JJ97

JJ97 Karting

Apr 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Joe Nocera
    I absolutely love that color!

23. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    As a point of reference my car (Rosso Corsa with Diamond-Cut Forged Wheels) was originally slated for a late October delivery.

I have had confirmation this week that it is at status 40 and will be delivered in early February.

tommygun64 likes this.
  24. Timeless1250

Timeless1250 Rookie

Oct 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Donato
    My dealer is telling me that most of the metallics including GT are considered standard colors and that the only colors that are delayed are the special order and triple layer paints including RP. He says he has been getting other metallics delivered on time...unless something has changed recently.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Yes, there are a couple of standard colors that are metallic, and not delayed...but no metallic reds are standard colors.