488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 119 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Used Youtube on my 80" TV - I think I found a 4k vid from one of the reviewers - Turn the sound up and its AWESOME !!!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. 488GTS

488GTS Karting

Sep 17, 2015
    U.K.
    I have a Pista coming and was split over Matt or Gloss carbon. Went Matt in the end as most Ferraris have gloss and have no option for Matt. When it's a special series and you get option for Matt I though I would go for it. Should stand out from non special series cars

Caeruleus11 and cesman like this.
  3. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I have to finalize the spec for my Pista tomorrow and am still torn on the Matt option. Both perspectives make good points, but it would be really nice to see the Matt in person before I pull the trigger. I had a hard enough time choosing Grigio Titanio with yellow interior trim over the Rosso Corsa I have chosen with every other spec I have done!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I went for matte carbon inside too. I'm not a fan of carbon at all, even though the outside nice has everything carbon (because I hate inconsistency even more and wanted the carbon wheels!). The glossy carbon in the Speciale doesn't bother me, but I really like the look of the matte that I've seen on some TDFs and 812s.

I would have picked outside carbon all matte (including the wheels) too if I could for my early spec car!

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    perrinnation and 458-Italia like this.
  6. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Yes, not very cheerful

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    I already had a look at the matte Carbon in person (Even though it was indoors) including the carbon cluster and have to admit that it’s looking very nice. On outdoor photos in the sunlight it seems to look quite bright and silver. Much brighter than glossy Carbon. Making it hard to tell, if it’s carbon or just bright silver paint.

You could have ordered matte carbon on the outside. One of the first cars delivered in Monte Carlo already had all the exterior parts in matte carbon. For the wheels I don’t believe that it would be possible since these are manufactured by an external company.

ppg70 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2960 Shadowfax, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Also arrived at the same conclusion.

The matt is nice but under light it becomes hard to identify the material as being CF. Accordingly, im not so sure it will provide adequate contrast amongst the alcantara in the way that the gloss cf does. I just fear the interior could take on a rather bland look plus it also doesnt match up with all the other gloss CF features used around the car.

The pics show the contrasting finish of the gloss black CF elements up against the overal matt black look of the acantara. The weave is also clearly visible identifying the material as CF, and not some other unknown material.

I also thought the gloss CF added an element of class to what may otherwise be thought by some as being an overly bland interior due to being finished mainly in alcantara.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, NürScud and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    True, but as you said, that would have ended up with matte carbon outside on the body parts and glossy carbon wheels. Which isn't right, IMHO.
    To get that result, there's an easier / cheaper way, simply put matt PPF on the carbon exterior bits. But that would again not work for the wheels.

So mine is matte inside with everything alcantara (I don't like my interiors flashly, the car doesn't need that and it only detracts me from what this car is all about: driving (it hard)!) and glossy carbon on all the 'dark' parts at the outside. It'll be fine, I'm confident. The car should arrive next week, so I'll know soon enough! ;-)

uhn2000 likes this.
  10. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2964 Shadowfax, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    I'm torn between the look of these standard wheels and the black wheels with this exact colour combo - with the yellow calipers. Although one must always keep in mind the light and shadows have a lot to do insofar as how the car actually looks in the natural light of day.

Here is one taken - exact same colour combo - but with black wheels - with the sun overhead on a hot summers day. I thought it looked absolutely stunning in the flesh! Now can the above, with stock grey wheels look as good in the same light? That's the big question.
    PS. Sorry for the backdrop of garbage bins lol!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud and Caeruleus11 like this.
  12. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    Even though yellow is a sporty and yet aggressive contrast on a red car, i just don't like it that much, because the brakes, Scuderia shields on the fenders and the center caps all have different tones of yellow, as you can see on the last picture. Also, the car with the silver wheels does have a darker metallic paint. Black wheels are very mean and aggressive, silver wheels are classy.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2966 Shadowfax, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Overall the look is striking - a blend of color that just works. Although exact yellows would be perfect it doesn't matter.....well to 99.999% of people. And the yellow calipers/brakes - love it!! Brakes like this need be shown!....not hidden into obscurity...

Agree wheel color choice gives a different look but to me a Pista is more about purpose/intent rather than sheer elegance.....but good to have choices. Same with the trim where leather is an option. Below isn't my cup of tea but someone obviously loves it, and good on them!

Attached Files:

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Second photo: Some skid plates upgrade from Aerotuned

15. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    ;)
    IMHO standard rims are the best choice ;)

elmadi, Shadowfax and Caeruleus11 like this.
  16. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  17. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    It's in line with the owner's black-on-black F12tdf and LaF Aperta. Even if I'm not a huge fan of black cars, I have to say it looks great.

Shadowfax, Caeruleus11 and 458-Italia like this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    CF wheels = no worrying about picking a color! :p

Shadowfax and 458-Italia like this.
  19. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Of course ! :)
    carbon rims are no longer available in Europe

TomTom77 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  20. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Why is that?

CF rims were offered to us at the TM appt in late October, but we went with the forged wheels due to concerns about long-term durability of the CF units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    carbon rims are no longer available in Europe A manufacturing problem: rims deform with heat