Peloton Exercise Bike | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Peloton Exercise Bike

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by stretchgeneral, Jul 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I looked at the peloton but you can get a cycleops Bluetooth trainer and a pretty good bike for less. Using that with Zwift or Roovy
    Gives you exceptional training options for $15 a month or less. Also, the Bluetooth trainers automatically adjust the resistance as you climb or descend for a more realistic experience. Also, when the weather is nice you can get out and ride!

Here is my setup and I love it!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gh21631 and BOKE like this.
  2. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Image Unavailable, Please Login After much reading on this thread I purchased the peleton about 3 weeks ago , use it twice a day and already feeling better and starting to see results , love it !

Had a gentle ride through the Italians alps today

stretchgeneral likes this.
  3. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We are into our 3rd year with the Peloton bike. My wife, daughter and I use it all the time and we still love it. The bike has been trouble free for what must be 1000s of miles and the classes never get boring. We love it.

4. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Mine is still running smoothly and works great, still love it. We are getting the Peloton treadmill also.......

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I have a treadmill with iFit. Seems like the same concept.

6. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Awesome Craig!

bball16 likes this.
  7. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I bought a Peloton about a year ago and love it! I have about 160 rides so far.
    I ride my "real" road bike outdoors when the weather is good but hit the Peloton a lot during the winter, or when I don't have the time for a full road ride. I find I actually get a better workout on the Peloton because the instructors really push me and I get competitive with the other people in the class. You always see where you rank on the "Leaderboard" whether it's a live class or a replay out of the library. If someone passes me, damn it I'm going to pass them back! There is always music and the time flies by. The instructors are great. Occasionally they'll have a current Tour de France or other professional rider lead a class which is fun and interesting. I end up burning 600 - 700 calories in a 45 minute session.
    For me, it was well worth it.

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Not to hijack this thread (since stretchgeneral is my neighbor :)), I started my own titled The Future of Fitness. For some it can be a great add on to your existing Peloton or other exercise bike.

9. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Update: over 500 rides on the Peloton. No technical issues. All good. Only problem is I should have ridden it more!

10. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    How many times have you had to replace the pedals? With both my wife and I using it, my pedals seem to last about 10 months. Didn’t count the number of rides.

11. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    I have had no pedal problems or problems of any kind. Had some connectivity issues initially, but it was my wifi, not the bike. I see online lots examples of water bottle holders falling off or pedals sheering off. But not me.

12. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Thanks for the response. In our case, we’ve had the springs in the clips wear out so that there is too much “float?” in the pedals and the shoes slip out to easily.

13. pexogoce

pexogoce Karting
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    pexogoce
    That's great to hear! Peloton bikes have gained a lot of popularity in recent years due to their convenience and high-quality workouts. Make sure to take advantage of the variety of classes and instructors to keep your workouts interesting and challenging. And don't forget to stay hydrated and properly fuel your body before and after workouts for optimal results.