Where are the Ferrucio Lamborghini owned Ferraris? | FerrariChat

Where are the Ferrucio Lamborghini owned Ferraris?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by RichieR1111, Dec 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichieR1111

RichieR1111 Rookie

Jun 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Richie Rich
    We know that Automobili Lamborghini sprouted from a disagreement between Ferrucio and Enzo, and the 350GT came from Ferrucios aspirations to build a superior road car to the Ferrari.
    Has anyone done any research or documented where the apparently multiple Ferraris that Ferrucio Lamborghini owned are now?
    Wouldnt it be spectacular to know which cars we're the cause of Ferrucios displeasure and spawned a second great italian auto manufacturer?
    Acording to this article he was quite the collector and had many other sportscars as well"
    Lamborghini's increasing wealth allowed him to purchase faster, more expensive cars than the tiny Fiats he had tinkered with during his youth. He owned cars such as Alfa Romeos and Lancias during the early 1950s, and at one point, had enough cars to use a different one every day of the week, adding a Mercedes-Benz 300SL, a Jaguar E-Type coupé, and two Maserati 3500 GTs.[9] Of the latter, Lamborghini said, "Adolfo Orsi, then the owner of Maserati, was a man I had a lot of respect for: he had started life as a poor boy, like myself. But I did not like his cars much. They felt heavy and did not really go very fast."[9]
    In 1958, Lamborghini traveled to Maranello to buy a Ferrari 250GT, a two-seat coupé with a body designed by coachbuilder Pininfarina. He went on to own several more over the years, including a Scaglietti-designed 250 SWB Berlinetta and a 250GT 2+2 four-seater."

If anyone has any information on the location and conditions of any of Ferrari 250's id be very interested to hear about it.

Bill_OBrien likes this.
  2. RichieR1111

RichieR1111 Rookie

Jun 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Richie Rich
    Also another quote from Ferrucio in a 1991 interview
    "

Finally we turn to Enzo Ferrari's cars. "I had three or four of them. The
    Ferrari was a very good car, I must admit, the best I had had so far apart from
    the Mercedes 300SL. After I got my first Ferrari, my other six cars - Alfa
    Romeo, Lancia, Mercedes, Maserati, Jaguar were always left in the garage."

What types of Ferrari did Lamborghini own over the years? "In 1958 I went to
    Maranello for the first time to buy a 250GT coupe, the two-seater by
    Pininfarina. After that I had one, maybe two, 250GT Berlinettas, the short
    wheelbase car from Scaglietti. I did like that one very much. It was ahead of
    its time, had a perfect balance and a strong engine. Finally I bought a 250GT 2
    + 2, which was a four-seater by Pininfarina. That engine was very strong too and
    it went very well.

“All my Ferraris had clutch problems. When you drove normally, everything was
    fine. But when you were going hard, the clutch would slip under acceleration; it
    just wasn't up to the job. I went to Maranello regularly to have a clutch
    rebuilt or renewed, and every time, the car was taken away for several hours and
    I was not allowed to watch them repairing it. The problem with the clutch was
    never cured, so I decided to talk to Enzo Ferrari. I had to wait for him a very
    long time. 'Ferrari, your cars are rubbish!' I complained. Il Commendatore was
    furious. "Lamborghini, you may be able to drive a tractor but you will never be
    able to handle a Ferrari Properly.' This was the point when I finally decided to
    make a perfect car."

3. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    "Ferruccio" has 2 r's and 2 c's.

4. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    one was road registered on his 2nd wife's name and the other one on his name, that one is still in Italy… Don't ask me for its VIN as I Don't know it...

5. RichieR1111

RichieR1111 Rookie

Jun 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Richie Rich
    Thank you for the interesting information. This thread only came from a place of curiosity

6. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    You should ask for more details in the Ferrari section.

7. amc

amc Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2009
    old school
    It should raise the price up for those particular examples. I'm surprised I don't see them at auctions...

8. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Owned with discretion… no need to wave the market so far… and sold by private transaction...

Zegna likes this.