For Sale - Roof Spoiler for Ferrari 328/308 | FerrariChat

For Sale Roof Spoiler for Ferrari 328/308

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by stekkefun4, Jan 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Perhaps...perhaps...it could be useful to remind all persons interested that this is the smooth variant, not the coarse (grained one).
    The coarse (grained) is the black one that fit all GTSs onto which it is designed to be matched with the roof material (also coarse, or grained).
    The "smooth" one, as this one, is usually for GTBs, and for the GTSs which have been ordered with the spoiler painted in "body color" (in that case, red. If it is ordered for a red 328, care must be taken with the color, because the first half of 328s are in Rosso Corsa 300/6, the second half in Rosso Corsa 300/9...would be nice to know in which shade of Rosso Corsa this one is actually painted)

Rgds

Rifledriver likes this.
  3. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Thanks for pointing that out, it's indeed the silky smooth one :)
    Although it's not always so clear because some owners replace the black one with a red one and vice versa.

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The smooth one is made to be painted; yours is Rosso Corsa, but which shade of Rosso Corsa? 300, 300/6 or 300/9 ? From which car does it come?
    In some countries, the painted spoiler was not available new for red cars: there is NO known french Red 3x8 originally delivered new by Pozzi, the historic french importer, with a spoiler in any other color than black.

Rgds

5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  6. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    It's personal preference, I see cars with the 'wrong' roof spoiler on a regular base.

7. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    imho: Painted top looks very nice!

8. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Thanks, it looks like new

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    on a 300/6
    Again: take care, it could well not match: starting in the summer of 1987, 328s had a different shade of "Rosso Corsa", 300/9, which is slightly "orangier" and more intense than the 300/6 of a QV and early-production 328s.
    The two cannot be usually identified individually, but a part painted in 300/6 on a car painted in 300/9 would not match (or the reverse, you get the idea...)
    So it depends which red the spoiler is, that is from what car it was taken of...
    Rgds

10. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    When I got my extra top, it was black then I took my car to the automotive paint store where body shops goes to have the paint/color mixed. I didn’t care so much with the 300/6 and 300/9 code, I just wanted them to mix me the paint matching the body color of my QV, and the did successfully. Pics shows what color matches the 300/6.

You also might want to note that after 30 plus years, the color of our car may not be exactly the same as when it was brand new, they will have some variation due to age.

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Absolutely agree, Mike. Variation not only due to age, but also to the sun in some regions (well...certainly NOT in the one where my cars are, believe me...if the sun is the culprit, then my two cars are still in their original color).
    Having the paint on your car analysed, then matched, is the only way to "make it right". As far as I know (I'm a kind of hermit, I don't know much about progress...) up to this day it's still very, very rare to get here; very, very few shops have the necessary instruments to do this. BUT nevertheless, if your order a roof spoiler in 300/9 instead of 300/6, it will show...unless, of course, if you plan to have it painted after analysis.

In France, it seems that the official importer, Ch. Pozzi, never offered "body color paint" for roof spoilers when the car was red. I have yet to see one. When you see a Rosso Corsa 308 or 328 under a french registration with a Rosso Corsa roof spoiler, either the car has been imported from another european country or the painting of the spoiler is aftermarket. Original french delivered 308/328, when Rosso Corsa, and still in OEM aspect, have all black roof spoilers.

Rgds

12. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Just catching up on this, thanks for your input guys. In case the color really wouldn't match: a respray costs around 100 euro.