458 values after March reveal | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 values after March reveal

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Avia11, Jan 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Who cares , you’re buying a Ferrari which is a terrible investment that pays the best dividends on the planet. Resale shmeesale.
    Best , Kirk.

blackbolt22, wthensler, tomc and 2 others like this.
  2. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    Right on....

11Rosso458 and FLORIDAsnakeEyes like this.
  3. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I happily made my terrible investment two weeks ago, and have had the 458 Spider our everyday ever since. This is top down season in FL, and I ain’t missing it. Bottom feeders like me can’t worry about resale, only what’ll fall from the sky next. Maybe a nice 488 spider, fully loaded?

Caeruleus11 and Cigarzman like this.
  4. 458 Spider 0414

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    Enjoy the 458 Spider and the awesome weather we now have... Don't worry about miles and so on.... Just enjoy it man.....

Ray,

wthensler and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    As a 2015 458 owner, I must admit that I expect the value to drop, because almost all cars are depreciating assets. But I don't plan to sell, so I have been telling my wife that the concept of depreciation does not apply to me. Lol. Seriously though, even for LaF, I would not have any ideas how much one have to lose in prior models transaction in order to get the LaF allocation.

If you don't plan to sell anyway in short terms, then who cares what it may be in two years. If you plan to sell it in two years to play another toy, then what we say here collectively should not be news to you.

One must pay to play. Just enjoy what you can buy without worrying. Buy it and drive it!

6. 458 Spider 0414

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    100% CORRECT....

StuM and tekaefixe like this.
  7. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Buy the 458 and don't look back....

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    My take is that, short term the value will continue to decrease (maybe not that much, I'd say about another 10 or 15% if no catastrophic crisis) to reach a bottom, then it will be stable for a while and long term it will go up again.
    That's the standard pattern for all Ferrari (and all cars), the amplitudes vary depending on market dynamics.

Afonsolaw and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    When I bought my first Ferrari I heard the same story! Too many made! Look what happened to the so called Fiat/Ferrari! Yes times have changed, but collectors have not for icons! Nothing is a certainty for future.

10. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    This March reveal baffles me I have been told Summer 2020 (maybe a few months earlier) for my specced at factory UK Pista Spider. Not sure how that squares with a March 2019 launch.

11. Redrrari

Redrrari Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Florida
    Bought my 2013 458 spider two years ago and never looked back. It was my first Ferrari, and I do not think I will ever sell it. Hopefully buy a 2nd one in the future if I am lucky enough. Reached out to Cigarzman while I did not know him at the time for advice on my purchase. At the time, I told him I was paying $5k more for the car than I wanted, but the car had every spec I wanted. It was my perfect car. Life is too short so I went for it and could not be happier.

Like anything else in life, there are NO guarantees. Find the car you love and go for it!

StuM and wthensler like this.
  12. speedy pete

speedy pete Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    darkside of the moon
    Full Name:
    Pete B
    458 is just awesome....drive the **** out of it and enjoy it. Yes it will cost you money to own this car. No you will not make money on it unless you get a fire sale purchase. If you need to see appreciation in your vehicle rather than you just appreciating it I'd have to say any of the sub-$300k modern exotics are crap "investment grade". As stated unless its a Scud,Speciale,Pista these mid level enthusiast cars are made to drive, enjoy, cherish and then upgrade when a new shinny penny comes around. Personally I don't see any shinny pennies that could take the place of normally aspirated screaming 8500 rpm. But considering I have been through 50+ cars now I'm going to probably going to find a new penny someday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

wthensler and Dontbethatguy like this.
  13. Dontbethatguy

Dontbethatguy Karting

Nov 25, 2017
    ATX
    No way do I think the 458 will tank. I added a spider to my collection last July and couldn’t be happier. It’s always a blast to drive! I think the car is the perfect mix of sound and feel that make people love it. No, it’s not fast compared to many other cars on the market or to what I’m used to driving, but it puts a smile on my face every time! I’m really curious to see where the 488 values end up vs. 458. Regardless, I bought mine to drive. Life is definitely too short, and I’m not the guy that just wants to stare at what I bought. I want to drive it as it was intended. It goes without saying that all of us would like to limit the depreciation on any asset we buy, and the 458 is one of the safest exotics to buy right now IMO that’s been produced within the last 5 years. Like someone else said, depreciation and value on a personal vehicle only matter if you’re selling. My F12 has lost $50k in value from when I bought it in November 2017, but I don’t care. She’s a keeper, so $230k or $430k is irrelevant to me. Asset appreciation won’t make me smile when I’m laying on my deathbed. Pitching my 458 spider into a corner while blipping the throttle and laughing nonstop will. Buy it, and don’t look back!

StuM likes this.
  14. Dontbethatguy

Dontbethatguy Karting

Nov 25, 2017
    ATX
  15. scarfiotti355

scarfiotti355 Karting

Mar 25, 2009
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Lodovico
    if in March the replacement of the 488 is a v8 hybrid ok the 458 will be depreciated, but if the next 488 will be a hybrid turbo as it is more certain, then the 488 will be strongly depreciated and the 458 a significant value because is the last NA
    Advice to all 458 and NA owners, keep it as long as possible because Ferrari is at a turning point in its engine history