812 Allocations | FerrariChat

812 Allocations

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by TNF, Jan 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TNF

TNF Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Currently, it seems like buyers with limited purchase history need to pony up (no pun intended) and buy a Lusso or Portofino to receive an 812 allocation. Does anyone care to guess how the situation will look in 2 years or so? I seem to remember the 599 & F12 being hard to get for the first few years of production then opening up for almost anyone with an appropriately sized checkbook to place an order. Think the 812 follows this pattern or do we really need to ante with a Lusso/Portofino? Thanks!

2. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    depends where you are, here in the Philippines you can buy an 812 off the lot for US$850,000.

3. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Used 812's are available now with next to no miles at sticker (from authorized dealers). Why wait 2 years? Unless it's imperative to get an exact spec but otherwise, in the states, there really is no reason to wait.

Only thing I can think of is that, in 2 years, near new "preowned" 812's will be going for well under sticker - for those more sensitive to price.

IMO it's nice that a new Ferrari V12 berliinetta is actually available to those that want one.

4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Used 812’s are going for $50,000 LESS than original MSRP. I wish I weren’t so particular. Mine comes in late spring.

5. ebw001

ebw001 Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    Just curious, where are you guys seeing 812s below msrp? In South Florida used 812s with few hundred miles are over sticker and appear to be selling pretty quickly. Last week A Rosso Corsa/ cuoio car $416 sticker was listed for $489 and sold in 2 days, not sure final sale price though.

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    RHD cars seem to be around £80,000 above sticker or more in some cases.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    more proof "the game" is over. can't wait until everyone not already on FerrariChat figures that out and then what position will dealers be in?

flat_plane_eddie, F2003-GA and ajr550 like this.
  8. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

Depreciation on all models will soon reveal the true enthusiasts !

XLNLIFE likes this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Exactly. These cars present no financial safe haven. You have to pay to play.

XLNLIFE likes this.
  10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    They are out there. I saw a 1500 mile unit with an original MSRP far north of $500 get listed at $443 and sell shortly after. Naturally, savings in relationship to MSRP does not tell the entire story. For example, $60,000 worth of carbon on the MSRP will never translate as $60,000 in the secondary market. Based on my casual research, it seems like the high spec 812’s are probably around $50,000 less than MSRP. Tons of good cars chasing finite sums of money.

F12 Junkie and Roland1688 like this.
  11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    does anyone remember how long the 599 stayed above msrp vs the f12 vs the 812?

iloveferrari likes this.
  12. ebw001

ebw001 Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    That makes sense and is consistent with what Im seeing. Seems like despite MSRP typical listing around here has been $479, Which i imagine sell in the $460s? Still good for low $400s cars but indeed below msrp for big spec cars. I’m still basically a year from delivery of a low $4s car but not too concerned. The car is great.

13. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I had a late 2007 with MSRP of $346k, traded for 430S a year later and 3500 miles on.
    Got in trade $275k, dealer re-sold it for $295k shortly after.

14. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    All dealers advertisings theirs at 30k above stickers, for cars with less than 500mi.
    Do you have links to 812s going for 50k less than MSRP?

15. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Could this have to do with allocations available?
    It seems there are less 812s delivering to US than originally forecast. Is it something anyone else has heard?
    This is interesting as it does not recoup with cars selling below MSRP with practically no miles.

16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I remember thinking with the F12b there were less seemingly available than with the 599. And it seems to me the 812 has continued this. This is simply my own sense of things, the numbers could easily prove me wrong. But my guess is they are trying to make the V12 just a little bit more precious.

17. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Took 5 minutes of research to find cars at MSRP or less. It's not hard. Try the internet ...

vrsurgeon and Thecadster like this.
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Honestly, were I not super picky on my spec, I would simply save some dough and go used. Mine is a $471 MSRP 2019 with more or less full carbon outside and inside (excepting engine, door panels, mirrors) plus all that you would want in terms of equipment: racing seats, lifter, rear view camera, etc. I hold no allusions regarding what the real value will be when I drive it off the lot.

Couple things to note. I think that the range of discounts from list is probably more than you might expect. I use CarGurus for market research. It gives days online, historical price adjustments, and naturally you can sign up for alerts on new inventory and price reductions. I have seen several come online, get quick and steady discounts, and then go offline. I take this to mean the car sold. I’ve been kind of shocked actually. I’m somewhat sensitive to this car because obviously I have one that is not that far out at this point (May). Ultimately for me, I spec’d the car as a buy and hold....forever. I cannot imagine getting to where I no longer want the car. Depreciation be damned, it’s an end of an era NA V12 with just under 800 horses that revs to the moon in an instant.

19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Not sure why the car seems a touch softer than predicted. Could be the F12 is so damn good and presents incomparable value. Could be that the styling of the 812 continues to polarize (I truly love it). Could be that the economy is softening and the borderline players are retreating. Could be that there a crap ton of awesome cars to choose from, more than ever before. Could be any number of other factors. Could be some combo therein.

20. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I think this had more to do with Ferrari trying to game the exchange rates and juice earnings a bit to prepare for the IPO. Even though supply was initially tight a lot of F12s ultimately made their way to the US once the exchange rate recovered. I think something similar is happening in the UK. Post Brexit the supply of new cars has been quite tight as compared to earlier cars like the Speciale where UK got a lot more allocation than normal.
    Once the production challenges have been sorted, I will expect the US to get plenty of 812s.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO It's combo of everything you mentioned. I think depreciation curves on everything are about to get steeper cuz so much more choice is available and more coming

Thecadster, Caeruleus11 and BaronM69 like this.
  22. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Excellent points.

23. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    In the UK about 18 months but much hotter economy and macro environment for super cars much worse now (public image of consumption, tech, kids not keen on cars).

24. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    In the US, the first 599s were on the street mid Spring 2007. They were hot until the bottom fell out just a little over a year later in Fall 2008. At that time, supercar sales were in the gutter, as was the image of consumption. F12 hit the streets in more stable economic times. I see kids all the time into super cars- its from video games. They love cars.

25. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Offered an allocation on 812 with projected one year build from my dealer.
    They have a beautiful spec on the lot for slightly below MSRP. No need to buy anything else. I average one car a year but preowned.

Regional differences abound.

ScottS