Photos - Caffeine & Octane, January 2019: | FerrariChat

Photos - Caffeine & Octane, January 2019:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Jan 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I took advantage of the (rare) lovely January weather and made one of my occasional visits to the biggest cruise-in in Atlanta. People complain about the size of the event (I started going back when it was a 40-car low-key event in east Cobb) but the presence now of a dedicated lot for exotic cars makes it less of a hassle.

I try and take all my photos before the sun comes up, because then the contrast between sun and shadow makes decent photography quite difficult. When I was done, I returned to my car, broke out the folding chair, and just sat and entertained spectator questions. The car, and particularly the gold wheels, got a lot of thumbs up.

Here are the early photos. Although I waited until there was a reasonable amount of ambient light, these still required flash, aside from the white Virage parked next to me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I'll post more photos from time to time over the rest of the week.

kidryno and Merlin Auto Group like this.
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks like a good turn out for a chilly morning.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    For some reason, I took no more photos of Ferraris, maybe because I've taken so many recently in other places! But I did find plenty of British cars to shoot; in fact, the other cars in the row I was parked in were the white Aston Martin and two Lotus Elises seen above, and two more Elises seen below!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    JoeTSI likes this.
  5. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    ^^^ Would you happen to know if that is an original Morgan color? That car looks soooo good in that combination.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The diminutive Japanese kei-cars and vans have become popular since import of them was legalized. Particularly attractive is the dark blue Mazda Autozam, which happened to be parked near a Tesla Model X, another vehicle with gull-wing doors. The Autozam has a turbo 3-cylinder that gives it enough power to make it fun to drive, and it's mid-engined!

On the other end of the spectrum is the Nissan Gloria, a luxury car that was sold in Japan for many years. This one is a Y32 from the early '90s.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. haggomyeggo

haggomyeggo Rookie

May 14, 2010
    Hey it was great meeting you at C&O. Looking forward to more events....

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff