488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 121 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    How would that work? Will one need to purchase both sets of rims?

Caeruleus11 and Nelsonc275 like this.
  2. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    I don't know how the costs are calculated or managed. Your car will be delivered with standard wheels and the option to receive the CF wheels later.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Near the end of our 812 production, Ferrari informed us that the diamond-finish tdf wheels were not available. The final assembly line photo showed the car with the standard 812 wheels. They stated that the tdf wheels would be sent when available. There was no discussion of additional cost. In the end, the car was delivered with the correct wheels so it all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and F12KID like this.
  4. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Thanks for the info

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As far as I knew, Carbon Revolution has been making these wheels since the beginning?

It's interesting that this hasn't been communicated by Ferrari in any way. Because that would mean replacing 20k EUR wheels relatively quickly, in my case. I'm already looking forward to the discussion where they try to argue that wheels are wear-and-tear items and thus won't be subject to warranty. I'm not going to buy that nonsense, that's for sure! However, I've also heard a story that a Pista owner in the Netherlands was told by the dealer that the carbon wheels aren't suitable for track usage (hold on, isn't this car called Pista?) and that discolored rings in the wheels indeed require replacements.

My car is due to arrive in the port, with carbon wheels, later this week. I am going to check this before taking delivery, to avoid surprises later on.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Must really suck to hear/learn all this as your new F-car is about to hit shore....don’t let this ruin the car/experience for you....If the wheels are not to your standard, no doubt F will sort something out for you, the seem to find fair solutions...especially for types of issues that we read about above...suggest you raise it to your dealer and if you know the folks at F of your country, tell/enquire in advance with them as well...

This is one of those times - hate to say it - that I am glad that I am not one of the first ones..... per my GTC4L where I could have been much smarter with options had I waited 6 months instead of having to be one of first to get my contract ‍♂️

TomTom77 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I am planning to really drive my car and I had ordered the CF wheels, but decided to change it to the forged wheels after thinking more about the road conditions where I live (not the greatest is a charitable way of putting it!). Then reading some of the reports here are confirming I made the right choice. I love the idea of the CF wheels, but for me at least, this is one place I don't need to be on the very cutting edge.

Bundy likes this.
  8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    OneD, Spider68, perrinnation and 5 others like this.
  9. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Photos by: J Pan Photography

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  11. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
  12. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    what would you have done different on your Lusso?

13. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    Now these are very good impressions of the car. would have liked to see a video like this with matte CF and front sensors.

RICKYCRETE likes this.
  14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    What color is that?

Jelial likes this.
  15. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    My personal guess is Rosso Fuoco......I'm waiting pictures of this color so much! My favourite so far and probably will go for my spec....

please guys post more pictures of this one as soon as they areavailable....thanks a lot!

16. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. Ekki F

Ekki F Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    Have been informed by my german dealer today, that any damage to the carbon wheels caused by overheating, respectively damage of the heat protectionfilm will definitely not be covered by warranty! Ferrari official announced to dealers that the carbon wheels are not intended for use on race tracks, even for limited track session. Dealers have been instructed to inform all potential clients in advance about this unusual restriction. Replacement of damaged carbon wheels will cost EUR 10.000 per rim!!! :((

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I've specced Rosso Fuoco with twin nero stripes so I'm also waiting for more pics. So far it looks amazing (as expected).

Caeruleus11 and Jelial like this.
  19. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
  20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Is it just me or do they look heavily enhanced? I know RF comes alive in sunlight but that seems unnaturally bright.

Caeruleus11 likes this.