Some information about Ferrari sales numbers | FerrariChat

Some information about Ferrari sales numbers

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by MDEL, Jan 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ferrari has always been very secretive about it’s sales numbers for the different model and the only published numbers on it's reports are for the total shipments done in the different geographies. Europe is the only location where Ferrari sales per model can be sourced through carsalebase. For the US this source provides just the sales for all models and not the numbers individualized.

The first table below shows Ferrari all models units sold in Europe and in the US since 1996 and it’s interesting to note that the US sales have increased year after year and for the first time in 2017 they were slightly above the ones in Europe.

On the second table below are listed the 2017 Ferrari’s sales numbers for each group of territories. Group EMEA where is al Europe , the Middle East and Africa is the larger one followed by the AMERICAS which includes the US, Canada, Mexico and South America. The third more important market for Ferrari is the rest of APAC where is included Japan, Australia, Singapore , Indonesia and South Korea. Finally China, Hong-Kong and Taiwan are Ferrari’s smallest market group.

The third table below shows the European new units sold for the models FF, F12b, GTC4 and 812 . Trusting that these numbers are correct, the first thing that calls one’s attention is the fact that the GTC4 during the period of three years has sold almost as many cars as the FF since 2011. It’s also interesting to note that the 812 units sold during the second year after introduction (2018) is quite similar to the F12’s during (2013). We can also observe that in 2018 the number of 812 units sold is slight bigger than the number of GTC4’s.

Attached Files:

WilliamB, otakki, TSOYBELIS and 10 others like this.
  2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Interest data. Thank you for sharing.

klinkman and MDEL like this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Great work Mario!!!!
    [I wish there was a clapping hands emoji!]

MDEL likes this.
  4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks for sharing this.

MDEL likes this.
  5. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #5 635CSI, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Great thanks !
    Trouble is it just makes me want more info.
    Country by country breakdowns (EMEA is too wide) , Lusso V12 v V8, anything about Mid engine cars...
    Good effort though and much appreciated.

As an aside, I'm glad to see the 2+2 sales seem strong as I don't want to see this model type axed in favor of an SUV !

6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you. I'm working now on another table with the 2018 Ferrari sales in the different European countries but it seems a titanic task because there isn't a centralized information, even in the EU countries, and you have to search for the information in each country.
    In the case you don't know I'm pleased to inform that in 2018 the number of new Ferraris registered in the UK was 885 (860 in 2017). In 2013/2014 the UK was Ferrari biggest market in Europe and once I grab the list with the 2018 Ferrari new registrations in Germany, which is so difficult to find , it will be possible to compare the numbers and see who leaded last year.

7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Good work, thank you !

8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    One way of determining how many new cars entered into a country's market is by consulting the official registry statistics of a given period. On the table below are listed the 2018 Ferrari new registrations in many European countries as well as Japan and Australia. In the particular case of the US which is the largest world Ferrari single country market because I couldn't access the registry statistics for Ferraris I've used the total Ferraris sales of 2017 (carsalebase source) and corrected them for 2018 with an 8 per cent increase as expected. There are other European countries, Canada, China, South Korea, Indonesia, India and the UAE that don't appear on the table below because their car registry statistics I've accessed don't show the Ferraris numbers.
    The table below groups the countries by continent and ranks each of them according with their number of Ferraris new registry in 2018. Japan despite being an important Ferrari market isn't ranked in Asia because I didn't have access to China's Ferraris registries or sales numbers. Another information that I've always been curious to know is the number of Ferraris per 1 million inhabitants in each given country and it can be found in the table together with the countries world ranking according to this criterium.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

kandi, Thecadster and Makuono like this.
  9. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Great info thanks! Seems unusual that Italy only bought 400 F-cars while Germany and UK had so much more?

MDEL likes this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Germany and the UK have been for more than a decade the two largest European markets for Ferraris. For many years Germany was number one but in 2013/2014 the UK took that position. Trusting the 2018 official registration numbers in that table Germany has regained the leadership but not by a big margin.

11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Total sales Ferrari in France (new registrations): 235 in 2016, 273 in 2017. I did not find the details (although I thought I read it somewhere for 2017), nor the 2018 fibnal number.

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The number of Ferraris new registrations in France in 2018 shown on post #8 table is the one published by CCFA – Comité des Constructeurs Français d’Automobiles shown below.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Makuono likes this.
  13. ale75

ale75 Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    Some number on the sales of principality of Monaco?

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Monaco was one of the territories I looked at but couldn't find any information with the car registrations by brand.

15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Thanks, indeed CCFA is the common source; I don't know when they will publicly release the full number for 2018 but that should be soon.

16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Fascinating Mario. Thank you. So, Swiss is #1 if you look per capita. How then, can we explain the Swiss government disdain for sports cars? They should love them! When I briefly drove in Switzerland I noticed other road users were much more grumpy than even in France...

MDEL likes this.
  18. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    The Swiss like to obey rules and dont like it when one doesn't. I drive often in Switzerland and as long as you "play nicely" no-one cares.

MDEL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I've driven in Switzerland only a couple of times and that was many years ago and the beauty of the sceneries surrounding the roads I admit contributed to some distraction while on the driver's seat. Shack referred that the Swiss like to obey rules and I remembered in 2010 hearing on the news about a driver who didn't obey them :
    "A Swiss millionaire has been handed down a record speeding fine of $ 290,000 by a court. The man was reportedly caught driving a red Ferrari Testarossa at 137km/h (85mph) through a village. The penalty was calculated based on the unnamed motorist's wealth - assessed by the court as $22.7m - and because he was a repeat offender. It is more than double Switzerland's previous record speeding fine - handed to a Porsche driver in Zurich in 2008. In the latest case, the motorist was clocked speeding 57km/h (35mph) faster than the limit, according to the cantonal court in St Gallen, eastern Switzerland."

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks Mario, In addition to the warnings from friends who live in Switzerland, I remembered this case when I drove in Switzerland, and I made sure to stay at the limit, or if we went beyond it was not by very much.

21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I post a new version of the previous table this time including South Africa in representation of the African continent and with the countries world ranking for annual Ferraris new registrations/sales/shipments . Now the majority of countries that are the most important new Ferraris's markets are listed on the table but still missing countries in Central and South American as well as Russia and some Asian nations like South Korea, Indonesia and Thailand.

Attached Files:

Makuono likes this.
  22. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Thumbs up for finding and sharing those numbers!

MDEL likes this.
  23. 550 Barchetta

550 Barchetta Rookie
    Owner

Jan 12, 2011
    Great Work. Thank you for sharing.

MDEL likes this.
  24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Below I post a new table this time with Ferrari European sales per model since the year 2000. My intention was to elaborate also a similar table for the US in order that we could compare both. Unfortunately that's not possible because the necessary statistical information isn't available.
    The table has a field for the "Total factory production of each model" and the quantities there are not provided by Ferrari company, which keeps them secret for as long as they can, therefore they are sourced from wikipedia, FerrariChat, Ferrariforum, showing a minimum of credibility. There is one exception and that is the F12 Berlinetta total production listed of 4500 cars which is my personal estimate after having crossed different information during quite sometime.

Should anyone know if there is a statistical source with Ferrari sales per model in the US, I'll be very pleased to have that information.

Attached Files:

25. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    F12 tdf are included in total F12 Berlinetta?

Marcel Massini