Does anyone know of this car on eBay? | FerrariChat

Does anyone know of this car on eBay?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ferone, Jan 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferone

ferone Rookie

Mar 22, 2009
    Norcal
    Full Name:
    Peter
  2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  3. Lip viper

Lip viper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2013
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Larryplatas
    That seems really cheap 57k for a buy it now price. He is leaving an easy 10k on the table even selling at 67k in today's market.

Seems like a deal if it is a decent car. Good luck.

4. eight8toy

eight8toy Rookie

Jun 8, 2017
    I was watching that one too. It was just on ebay auction with no reserve but guess the high bidder backed out.

The rear challenge grill looks like it's a solid piece of plastic and not perforated.

5. ferone

ferone Rookie

Mar 22, 2009
    Norcal
    Full Name:
    Peter
  6. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yet there it sits unsold at $57. A red/tan 95B with decently low miles. Either something glaring pops up when you look at the car or todays market isn’t exactly what you think. You might see plenty of high asking prices out there, it doesn’t mean anyone is paying that.

7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    The car has a mileage discrepancy on the Carfax. I suspect the OD has been replaced and the car is a 60-70K mile car.

8. ferone

ferone Rookie

Mar 22, 2009
    Norcal
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That explains everything. Thank you.

9. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    That's because it's not a challenge grill - It's the standard rear panel painted black instead of being colour coded.

taz355 and Dave rocks like this.
  10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It's hard to tell if the car has been de-sticky-ed. Have they just applied ArmorAll to everything?

The leather looks good in some areas (seat bolsters), but not in others (seat thigh support, handbrake shroud).

11. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    It's not. Needs refinishing

Qavion likes this.
  12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Editorial.... I would not buy any of these cars without compression and leak down at a minimum. Old saying no one sells a car because it runs too good. When I was shopping I tracked down previous owners of a few cars and talked to them some were 2-3 owners ago. Some were burning a qt of oil every 800 miles when they sold it, some had electrical gremlins, some were bought at auction 5 sometimes 8 years ago had NO registration for 5 years meaning and was bought at it was likely driven with dealer plates and speedo disconnected as mileage did not change for 5-8 years, the record of who bought it way back when was not the place selling it now, the list goes on and on. As a general rule I steer clear of cars with auction history right wrong or otherwise.

Not sure this cars history but if anyone get it hope it works out, could be awesome who knows. Someone gets a great deal on a great car every now and then no doubt. 30K I'd chance it, retail or just under retail, a "good deal" no way.... Unless you can go out there, and have it checked before bidding of course then its gtg.

Optimal strategy is to buy from a private sale or forum member and have it checked out.

Yassa and riccardone like this.