360 crash after F50 cut him off | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 crash after F50 cut him off

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariFR33458, Jan 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    While the F50 contributed to the crash, the 360 should have seen the F50 long enough in advance to prepare to be blocked.
    F50 driver culpable
    360 driver made the major error.

2. jimmyc

jimmyc Rookie

Oct 3, 2005
    Netherlands
    This is Japan. They drive on the “other” side of the road. The 360 was overtaking in the slow lane and the F50 was also in a diagonal path to overtake in the slow lane. Both equally stupid and irresponsible.

Capri335 and F2003-GA like this.
  3. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    IMO

F50 driver is at fault for sweeping the lanes with zero regard for the 360 in his left periferal vision.

The driver of the 360 should have eased into his brakes while remaining in his lane. Novice Reflexes possibly took over but when on public roads its expected.

Expect stupidity from drivers while you Try not to be stupid yourself.

Damn lucky no one was killed.

I am not a perfect driver but I try to be far more careful than to play race games in a crowd of soccer Moms.

4. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Reckless drivers like these don't realize that if someone gets killed, it's a manslaughter charge at a minimum. They think that the insurance company will take care of it. No... you'll be facing serious jail times

paulchua likes this.
  5. Golden Steed

Golden Steed Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    The hell you say.

The 50 took the 360's lane with him in it. You take my lane then push me into the boundary and I can promise you that when we next meet sleeves are getting rolled and the floor is getting scuffed up.

6. Sfiga

Sfiga Karting

Jan 23, 2014
    The more I watch it the more I blame the F50. They would have been going 100mph+ comfortably and the 360 would have had eyes ahead and not at the F50 swinging across two lanes and shutting him down like that. Dick move with the amount of traffic and the position the 360 was in on that road. From a racing perspective I don't blame him for not wanting to back off but it cost him. Should have kept his foot in it the whole way and he would have been fine.

anunakki and paulchua like this.
  7. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Both of them are idiots.

ope1967, crinoid, riccardone and 4 others like this.
  8. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The F50 had at least 2 car lengths when passing the middle car. Likely the F50 let off when the 360 wasn't expecting that.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rifledriver likes this.
  9. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    The pair of them it seems were in effect road racing. Both to blame.

I'm 360 Canuck and paulchua like this.
  10. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Seems the we’re both racing. Otherwise they both wouldn’t have flown by the car filming the incident. The 360 made the mistake of twitching the wheel to the left which unbalanced the car and the counter steer caused his car’s crash. Both at fault though.

11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Two idiots with more money than driving ability. I would have hit the brakes if I were the 360 or at least lifted the throttle.

12. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are you serious? They are going God know's how fast and it's the 360's fault?

Looks pretty obvious to me - the F50 cut the 360 off, and is 100% at fault.

anunakki likes this.
  13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How the hell can you determine that from the video? The "playing with each other" would had to have happened BEFORE what we saw on the video. The 360 is in the passing lane, the F50 crosses over 2 lanes and cuts him off - it's that simple.

I'm 360 Canuck, DrewH and anunakki like this.
  14. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I suppose it is just a coincidence that there were two Ferrari's passing other traffic like they are standing still and meet at the same place. Yes, it is obvious they were "playing with each other".

As someone already noted, this is Japan and the slow lane is on the left.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Regardless of which lanes are the slow lanes and passing lanes - one of them was in one lane the entire time, the other crossed over two lanes and cut one off - you be the judge.

riccardone, I'm 360 Canuck and DrewH like this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I put the blame 85% F50 and 15% 360

This image shows the F50 entering the lane laterally with the 360 still occupying the lane. Put another way, if the 360 continued to go straight; he would have hit the F50's rear left quarter panel.

Based on their speed and the rate of travel in the 'slow' lane with the 360, I assume the 360 was racing the F50, hence I put partial blame on the 360 for participating.

Racing only belongs on the track, my friends. It's their prerogative to endanger themselves - but that lines stop when you endanger others.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. 4zaJim

4zaJim Formula Junior

May 15, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim
  18. Oversteer40

Oversteer40 Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Blaa blaa blaa dick move who's to blame, they were racing/playing.

The only problem was the 360 drivers skill level, they had no judgement and car control, then lost control like a retard.

Was even enough room on the shoulder for the 360 to overtake again if they had the power !

jcurry likes this.
  19. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Ouch :D

20. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Very true. The two years I worked in county jail (LA County, so its not your typical jail as far as inmates) it pretty much represents state prison, I saw a kid who killed two people street racing. He eventually got 7 years and obviously theres no such thing as car enthusiast prison. Like most of you I never needed to be scared straight but working in that place for 16 hours each day will for sure make you rethink any stupid idea you may have while behind the wheel.

paulchua and 53ford like this.
  21. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    looks like a racing incident to me.

paulchua, Ferrari 308 GTB and jcurry like this.
  22. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Racing on the street is for idiots.

Wanna really race ?

Buy a 10 grand formula vee and step up. Leave the macho crap and wallet at home for the poseurs.

paulchua and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  23. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    :p:D

paulchua likes this.
  24. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Well put.
    That’s how I see it as well.
    Shared responsibility for street racing, but the accident was caused by the F50 cutting off the 360 in a reckless way. I’m glad he didn’t pull the same move on an innocent bystander. That type of move may be acceptable in NASCAR, but is selfish and stupid when messing around on streets.

paulchua likes this.
  25. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    Isn't there a video froma couple of years ago with a white 458 spider doing the same thing to a Nissan Gtr? The 458 came around on the right and cut cut off the GTR which caused a 2 car accident spinning the innocent driver in the middle lane.

paulchua likes this.