Miami Heat | FerrariChat

Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 635CSI, Jan 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hi Guys,
    I am a Brit visiting Miami later in the month.
    I have tickets for Heat vs LA Clippers.
    The time on the ticket shows as 7.30 p.m.
    Is this when the game actually starts?
    If so what time would people suggest arriving at the Arena ?
    Is there prematch build up, does it take a long time to get seated etc.
    Thanks
    Graham

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    NBA games usually start pretty punctually, since they're on television. I'd suggest arriving at least 30 minutes before the game (especially if you want to hit the concession stands before the action) and I usually try to arrive 60 minutes before. Remember that you'll have to go through a security checkpoint upon entering the arena.

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    If you're driving, traffic and parking is terrible around the AAA. If not, walk to Uber to Bayfront and walk over.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If you're staying outside of downtown and have access to a Metrorail station, you can take the train to the Government Center station and transfer to the Metromover, then get off it at the Freedom Tower station and walk one block east.

It's been a while since I've been in downtown Miami, so perhaps the locals can weigh in on this option.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Miami is known for fans that are fashionably late even when they were winning championships. It wasn't uncommon to see empty seats in the lower bowl late into the first quarter for big games back when LeBron was there. I don't think it will be much a problem when you get to the gate near tipoff because of that (normally it is busy to the Bulls and Magic games I've been). The issue with Miami like others have said is horrible parking and traffic.