Judging manual Maserati | FerrariChat

Judging manual Maserati

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Jhoniks, Dec 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    i need help with a guide for restore a maserati 1966 for a correct restoration and consider the originality.

regards.

2. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland
    that´s quite a request

3. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    i dont have experience with italian cars , my idea is your restoration for a exhibition in any moment , i want made only that. dont not idea how is classificated and inspection a italian car in xhibition events, i found any rules for american cars events only.

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Congratulations on a great project.

First of all you need a better tool to translate from whatever is your original language to English.

That is the necessary first step to avoid misunderstandings which are going to happen as your English is not clearly understandable.

The help will come here there is a lot of knowledge and experience available.

Also don't ever forget these cars are meant to be DRIVEN, concours is just one occasional activity for them.

Best regards,

Marc

fidjeland likes this.
  5. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    I appreciate the comments,
    to translate I use google, I do not use much the internet but I am excited about this project, and I see a lot of information in this forum.
    My main interest is to make the car work and it is working, I understand that the contests will come later, I only look for information to consider my project and not discard the demands in a car of his class before a judge.
    jhoni

6. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    There really isn’t a standard specifically for Maserati, I would suggest using the Ferrari Club of America’s IAC/PFA Standard https://www.ferrariclubofamerica.org/repository/documents/Concours%20Forms/National%20Concours%20Judging%20Guidelines%2012-2015.pdf

Or follow the standard of the Ferrari Classiche program.

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

I am a member of the IAC/PFA and while we like our rules and standards they are hardly universal. More organizations are adopting them all of the time but I suspect in Europe less so.
    I think from his posts his primary issue is finding a source or sources of information to help him determine what is original to guide him in returning it to that state. Love vintage Maserati's but not my area of expertise so I would not know what direction to point him.

8. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    I have reviewed the guide and in fact they are rules for the Club, of course they are useful for me to consider not "tuning the car", I reiterate my purpose to restore it as it left the factory as close as possible.

9. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    Which club are you referring too? I would assume one of the European clubs as there really isn’t a club in the USA.

10. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
  11. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    Sorry thought you were referring to a Maserati club.