F1 GTB with 52k miles | FerrariChat

F1 GTB with 52k miles

Discussion in '348/355' started by carguy007, Jan 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Would you guys pay 48.5k for a well serviced red on black 355, the kicker is it has 52k miles. Has had major items replaced such as clutch and F1 system however. Do the valve seals show their face at high mileage? Or if it is not an issue now would it be safe to assume they are fine. I love the 355 but the mileage scares me. Car drives well however and I feel like the owner is trustworthy.

What would be a fair price for the car?

Thanks in advance for any advice here.

2. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Whee is it. I need a beater/daily

Sure, why not. Enjoy it. I would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    What would be a fair price in your guys opinion?

4. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I said yes....

Pay whatever you think is fair. That asking price seems reasonable to me if clutch is recent. You will get hundreds of opinions. Cheap Ferrari’s come at other expenses. You pay now or you pay later. Of course buy for less if you can, but condition, service and records matter. Pics, title, CARFAX. We all needs tons more data to make our own buying decisions, but honestly, if you have to ask, may not be the car for you.

For me, I would not let others know and just buy it. I have one and it is twice the money, but less miles, gated and GTS with all service and new clutch last month. So that is not comparable but an idea on your deal.

A 355 for under $50k. Very few of those around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Good advice - I just found out it needs an engine out soon. I also have a 430 so this would be adding to the stable and would not get as much use as the 430. I had no intentions to buy a 355 it kind of just fell into my lap. I drove the car a little and liked how small and go cart like it was. I am also one of the few that is not partial to red. It's quite dated in the cabin, but I suppose that is part of the appeal.

6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Respectfully, far too many variables beyond mileage to offer a valuation. Got a link with photos?

And, F1's are 98/99, valve guide issues don't exist in those.

carnutdallas likes this.
  7. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Or just buy it. If it runs fine and nothing major the price seems ok.

carnutdallas and mshobe like this.