sticky parts | FerrariChat

sticky parts

Discussion in '360/430' started by tonino ct, Jan 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonino ct

tonino ct Karting

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    tonino tony
    Any info about reasonable place where i can send my parts?
    thanks
    Tony

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  3. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Hi Tonino. There are a few good options of where to send your parts. I'll summarize and I'm sure there will be a lot of comments thereafter. Reader alert: this is strictly My opinion from the research I did, so please no one take any offence.

Option 1: Lorenzo. I spoke to Lorenzo and he seems like a reputable guy. Definitely a cost effective way to address the stickies and he does have a number of clients who are happy. If you are looking for the lowest cost option, with good results, this is a good choice.
    Option 2: Sticky No-More. A reputable company that seems to do good work. The removal and preparation of the sticky parts seems like a total process here and there are a lot of happy clients. As I understand (from email communication with them), the original factory lettering on most pieces. On the vents and door handles, they apply a decal overlay to replicate the lettering.
    Option 3: Sticky Rx. Another reputable company that does really nice work. I visited the facility and met with Dave. The process of removing the sticky coating, preparing the parts, laser etching, priming and painting is a multi step process with a lot of quality control. The work I saw was really beautiful. The one thing that they do is laser etch the lettering, numbers and symbols on the pieces.

For what it's worth, I chose Sticky Rx. I felt their work was amazing as I got to see it personally. I am also VERY PICKY and I treat my 360 like a baby. I am sure the other 2 mentioned also do good work. In terms of cost, Option 1 costs X, Option 2 is 3 times X and Option 3 is 3.5 times X.

Hope that helps,

Bruno

4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Thank you, Bruno. Your parts are progressing nicely, and will start receiving coating on Monday. You were also one of only a few clients that has seen, and walked into our new paint booth system installed this year at a cost of $70,000.

Our equipment, facility, and talented staff are the factors that drive our cost but the results speak for themselves.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Nice summary, except you forgot option 4, which is DIY. Most pieces can turn out quite nicely if you take the time and do it right, especially plastic pieces without decals. But that said, I've done my own center console and buttons, climate controls and door window buttons, door pulls and surrounds, and all five vent rings (except I had to reapply the arrow decals).

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Over the years, many guys on this board have done some really good DIY work. Heck, I started that way. And, the truth is, some of those efforts are better than some "Pros".

However, as we advanced, we kept striving for better and better. We still do. I'm Never satisfied with our quality - I always want better.

Without question, our service is expensive. But quality costs. We don't use rattle can paints - our coatings are chemical and Mar resistant. And, we refinish all parts - we don't clean parts.

The hours we spend doing this work would bring a tear to the eyes of most. And, we do the work under magnification, up to 90X

We realize everyone has different goals, objectives and budgets. But, when the goal is the most factory correct results, we are the company that can deliver.

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I acquired my 99 355 F1 Berlinetta last spring after a lengthy search. Finding an exceptional example wasn’t easy. Though it was in superb condition, I still needed to address a few minor things, the most important being my sticky parts. A number of years ago Dave at Sticky RX had done a few parts on the car for a previous owner, but I decided to have every piece on the entire car restored, regardless of their level of deterioration. I just wanted it done for good and perfect. There was no question in my mind that Dave at Sticky RX was the option for me. His solutions are the most state of the art and will last as long as the car. I’m extremely detailed and a very demanding customer. I couldn’t be happier with the results. We’ll see how she does at the Cavallino Classic later this month.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

f355spider and Dave rocks like this.
  8. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    drbruno's assessment mirrors my experience. I used Lorenzo. Excellent quality, reasonable and fast turnaround.

9. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Folks should be aware that Lorenzo has just been banned for creating a alias account for the sole purpose of trolling us and posting negative comments about our work. The alias account, Skylar was discovered and he was banned for this behavior.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146394253/

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    That's funny I don't see how anything said negatively about StickyRX can be taken seriously though. There is nothing bad that can be said. People may cry it's too expensive (like me) but that's it. As a DIY'er, I enjoyed tending to my cars sticky pieces, knowing in the back of my mind, if I screwed anything up, I'd just send it to StickyRX.

f355spider and Dave rocks like this.
  11. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Dave did the parts for my 360 as well, they were refinished to a standard that you would think is unattainable. The finish is perfect and will not deteriorate and become sticky like the factory parts do and the graphics are done with a laser so they are very high quality and are able to remain back-lite which was very important to me. In all cases the refinished parts met or exceeded the quality of the parts that came from the Ferrari factory.

Dave rocks likes this.
  12. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    On my Land Rover I did a few dials myself - good enough for the work horse :) But for the stallions, both 612 and Scud, I used Dave (Sticky Rx) - wanted the best, and with the investment of my DIY time disassembling and reassembling interior, particular the 612, I wanted to do it only once... The Scud is more of a piece meal approach where I am doing pieces as they deteriorate, or if any disassembly gives easy access to other suspects :) :( Not sure whether to laugh or cry... ;)

Oh, and being an anal engineer with a perfectionist's mind set I recognize one when I see one :) Sorry Dave... ;)

Dave rocks likes this.
  13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Ha! I resemble that comment, Jes :D :)

14. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Those pieces turned out so nice. Maybe too nice. It looks like you'll have to get the rest of your car's interior re-done to match the quality of the pieces StickyRX re-did! LOL :)

15. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Thank you for the nice comment, Dale.

However, I can assure you, Jeff's 355 is one on the finest on the planet. I'm betting he takes Platinum at Cavallino in a couple weeks :)

16. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    a decal overlay?

17. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Yes, a decal overlay is what the describe it as.

18. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    #18 sparetireless, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    I totally missed the sticker call out, thanks for pointing that out.