Ferrari 360 nose repaint. | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 nose repaint.

Discussion in '360/430' started by BRADAN, Nov 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    E60 M5 and brookliner7 like this.
  2. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  3. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  4. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    Looking good, I need to paint both front and rear bumper covers this winter.

BRADAN and BrianNYC14 like this.
  5. Neilg

Neilg Karting

Feb 16, 2001
    Accokeek, Md.
    Full Name:
    Neil Green
    Excellent post - I am getting ready to paint my 360 front bumper also.,..

BRADAN and BrianNYC14 like this.
  6. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Looking good, thank you so much for the work.

BRADAN likes this.
  7. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    How much did this run? I'm thinking about having mine done In January

8. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Every car is different send some photos to [email protected] for a estimate.

9. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  10. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I know it's being washed, but can't help but think it got bombed by seagulls :D

Nice work Bradan!

11. BrianNYC14

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    #16 BrianNYC14, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Hah, well said Heikki. Some seagulls post taco night.

Here's a shot of the 360 rinsed and ready to drive again. Although, we do have to wait 60 days for the fresh paint to off-gas before applying PPF again. Bradan also installed challenge front grills. Excited to have this beast back!

A big thank you to Dan and the team at Bradan. This project started in August 2018 and just finished to begin 2019 - they put in a lot of time and quality work. Anyone looking for a full car repaint, give these guys a call.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Looks great, but did this project morph from a nose re-paint to a full body paint?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Nine9Three likes this.
  13. BrianNYC14

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    #18 BrianNYC14, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Thank you Need4Spd, and yes the project grew.

In July, we did a full paint correction and applied PPF to protect the full car. Once applied it looked good, but there were two small places on the rear of the car where the film looked a bit hazy and so the guys doing the work (not Bradan) went to re-do PPF on those panels. As they were pulling off the PPF, it stuck to the clear coat and pulled paint on those two small areas. Needless to say, a bummer, considering we were trying to protect the paint not damage it. That's when I sent the car to Bradan to fix the clear coat damage.

Initially, we tried to wet sand and re-clear coat those two areas and blend the paint. However, the colors weren't blending perfectly and so we decided to repaint the full car. It took a lot of work and patience, and finally the car emerged looking perfect. The only thing left to do is add the Pininfarina logo's on the side skirts, but we're waiting 60 days for the paint to off-gas so we can PPF the side skirts and then reapply the logo's. Most likely we will just PPF the nose, side skirts, mirrors, and headlights, instead of doing the full car again.

Bradan put together a good thread on the start of the project here - https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/bradan-360-paint-damage-repair.584001/

A friend asked, "Will this affect the value of this 360 since it's not the original paint anymore?" I replied, "The value of it only matters to me, it's not for sale, and the joy I get from these cars can't be measured in dollars." Also, it's nice to have a brand new paint job on an 18+ year old car with 32,000+ miles, completed by professionals of the highest quality. Some might consider it a plus, others might not.

Another friend asked. "Do you feel like a bonehead considering you tried to protect the paint with PPF and ended up repainting the whole car?" My response, "Bonehead is a nice way to put it, and yea, but I always keep looking forward and try to learn from what happens rather than look back with regret." We're going to be extra careful if/when we PPF the new paint a couple months from now.

I'll post a few photos of the completed job on my 360 thread. Appreciate you guys following along on this project!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

becir1, Cgk360 and DefunctNeurons like this.
  14. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    My car has factory film on only half the front hood and I’m dreading removing it, as I’m sure I’ll need a re-spray. It’s already pulling paint off the bumper in a small area.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

15. BrianNYC14

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    I hear ya man. The factory film, having been on the car for years, may be tough to remove without pulling paint. Pro's have a technique to mitigate damage (heat, vapor, angle, etc.), but if you do decide to take the leap and remove the film, definitely be prepared for needing a potential respray. Or just leave it alone if the factory film doesn't bother you. Tough call, and at least you're driving your car and having fun with it!

16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Nice work. I'm going to have to repaint my front end and repair the bumper facade too. It may also turn into a full repaint because it has clear bra and other types of protectant on it.

I dread having to remove all of that.

BrianNYC14 likes this.
  17. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Looks great, Brian. We all understand how original project scopes creep into larger ones on our cars. It's about seeking perfection.

BrianNYC14 likes this.
  18. BrianNYC14

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Appreciate that, thank you gentlemen!

G. Pepper likes this.