Ferraripartsexchange.com - bankruptcy | FerrariChat

Ferraripartsexchange.com - bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by old car guy, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. old car guy

old car guy Rookie

Feb 25, 2004
    Reorganization of this company in Los Gatos CA area, Lyle Tanner has done it again, rumor has it! What do you folks know??? Any victims on the list??

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Could you provide a wee bit of background for those of us who don't know about this... I assume there is a history from the way you posted it...

Thanks

3. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    www.ferraripartsexchange.com

I would not be surprised if this crazy and irresponsible business is filing for bankruptcy. I bet someone called the AMA (American Medical Association) on their asses. You would have to be a real die-hard tifosi go to through with that type of extreme surgery. It is seriously doubtful that health insurance would even cover it, even in San Francisco.

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    What do they do as business? Ferrari part sex change. com???

Yoshi

Sorry I had to post this as that's haw I read first time.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have ordered several times from these guys before. They have good products. Would be sad to see them go belly up.

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    "Can you put a 'Tubi' on that?"

They were having too many problems installing straight pipes.

Many of their customers ended up with a little testa rossa when they asked for a flat 12.

7. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    I've ordered a couple of times from them as well in the past couple of years and had no problems.

However, I did recently inquire about purchasing some parts off of a salvage Testarossa that they had listed on their website, but I never received any reply from them.

Wasn't Brian (who either handles the orders or worked for them not long ago) a member here on F-Chat??

8. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I absolutely hate to see this....I had a list of items to shop for, and other online parts suppliers want waaay too much for some of the items I'm looking for.

9. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Brian did work for them, but they let him ago back in October I belive. He is now working at a dealership.

FWIW-They have no inventory in stock. None. They use suppliers such as F.Uk and Trut. and other dealers.

I have worked with them for years, and am not sure if this is true or not(bankruptcy), but I have heared these rumors pretty damn loud out here.

R

10. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    Ferrari Part Sex Change .com.

I think I can ponder why it went belly or buns up.

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Honit soit qui mal y pense.

12. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I also ordered some parts for them and waited....they said it was in stock but when I pressed them, they said they were waiting on it. Found out later that most of the stuff is not on hand, they take your order and then source everything out. I got my money back but it was a big waste of time.

13. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Wouldn't surprise me. Bought a door from them, supposedly in "very good" shape. turned out it needed more work than the one I had. I sent it back and it took over two weeks (and a considerable amount of hounding on my part) to get a credit.

14. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    J-
    They are locataed a mile and half away from me. They have nothing in stock.

R

15. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    They did alright by me on more than one order.

16. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Yeah, I heard this news several weeks ago from Dave @ Sodacom's. He too wasn't surprised about the bankruptcy. FWIW, Dave is moving all his inventory to a new location this week, and should be back "up-and-running" shortly. I'm still a relative newbie, but so far, Sodacom's is my FIRST destination for parts -- Dave is a class act, and knows his stuff.

-Daniel

17. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Lyle, just purchased my used Tubi from my 308 and I ordered from him in the past w/o any problems although Bill at GT CAR PARTS is my first choice

18. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Didn't know they were in trouble. I never ordered from them but Brian Keegan did work for them. He knows his Ferrari parts. Brian is now up in Oregon working at some dealership. I thought he was going to stay active on this site. Maybe I'll drop him a line and see what he's up to.

Henry

19. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Lyle Tanner was the guy that was trying to sell a 308 that one of our members recognized as his old car, with less miles on it than when HE sold it. Lyle also mis-represented a 308 that I bought from him. Can you say schister!?

20. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher
    Hate to hear this. I have had numerous dealings with him, and have always been very satisfied. Sorry to hear that others have had problems.