Serenissima Torpedo Spyder that raced at LeMans in '66--does it survive? | FerrariChat

Serenissima Torpedo Spyder that raced at LeMans in '66--does it survive?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jan 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    The first time I saw this car's picture in coverage of LeMans '66 I thought I was looking at a 250P. It was powered by a 3 liter V8 and bodied by Fantuzzi. I don't know who designed the body. Some accounts say the car made it 24 laps in; others say it blew up on the first lap.I have seen articles on the Jet coupe, it sister car, that survived and was shown in concours recently but am curious if this better looking roadster survived? Or is the roadster underneath the coupe?

http://jeremylawsonblog.com/post/177349110894/carsthatnevermadeitetc-serenissima-torpedo#.XD1AdnbYrnE

jamesdouglas1436 likes this.
  2. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Really beautiful car! Don’t know a lot about them.

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    When researching the car for a portrait I am painting I came across the announcement by Artcurial in Paris that the car, along with two other Sereinissima cars, will be auctioned in Paris in March.

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Sorry , go tthe date wrong, will be auctioned in Paris feb. 8 and 9th. I think it will bring 1 1/2 million USD, a lot for a car that hasn't run in f0 years and for which there
    are no spare engine parts

5. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
  6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Wonder why they took the wing off. The car kind of lost it's character and looked almost generic without it. Reminds me of the Ligier Maserati's from the early 1970's.

7. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Geez, those spyders are gorgeous.